1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support All apps dissapearing after power down

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Konaka, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Konaka

Konaka Lurker
    None

Jun 16, 2016
    Male
    So my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime run out of power today and I casualy put it on the charger.
    When I opened it I was shocked to see the only apps available to me to be "internet" and "settings".All the others where gone.I couldn't even get on google play or open my files from inside my phone(Side note:On the application manager, all the apps are still there but they all seem to take up 0 bytes).
    I then connected the phone through USB to my PC and opened up the files.The phone seemed to be at its regular capacity when all my apps are installed and all my files seemed to be in place.My phone still looked like I couldn't access almost any app.

What can I do to fix this and maybe get my apps back?
    (Please note that I can't even use fundamental apps like google play or the files app.And yes I have tried turning it off and on and removing the battery and SD card :p)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    You could try wiping the cache partition in recovery.
    From phone off, press and hold the volume up + home +power buttons till phone vibrates and you see blue Recovery Booting in upper left of screen. Release power only then the other two when you see the recovery menu.
    Use the volume down button to scroll to wipe cache partition then press power to select.
    Then select reboot.

If that doesn't fix it then I would do a factory reset from the same menu. A factory reset will erase all user data so if you can, copy to PC anything you don't want to lose.

scary alien likes this.