• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

all apps keep crashing on reinstall HTC 310

koray123koy

Lurker
Sep 11, 2017
Hi there,

I am not too knowledgeable about smart phones, as will be clear from this post. I have an old HTC desire 310 which I occasionally use for playing music and other simple tasks beside my main smart phone. I had not turned it on for a few days, and when I did turn it on today it would not get past its white boot screen with the HTC logo. I removed the SD card inside, and after some time it would finally turn on, but a message popped up saying I had an incorrect CID. Not knowing what that was all about, I decided to do a factory reset. When everything seemed normal, I tried to insert my SD card but it would not turn on again. I have now formatted the SD card on my laptop, which is not much of a problem. Rather than trying to reboot the phone again, I decided to do a new system reset through the recovery mode (volume up + power button). The problem I am facing now is that during installation of android, all the system apps seem to be crashing, inlcuding HTC Sense. I can't delete any cache files since the settings app crashes when I try to open one of the malfunctioning applications, but even deleting cache in recovery mode was to no avail.

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated ;-)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones