1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root All audio apps freezing when going into another app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vance, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    This is happening most of the time now, and I am not sure whether it is my ROM, or if this is something common. Most of the time now when I am listening to music or podcasts (Winamp, Beyondpod, Amazon player) all will go fine until I open another app, like Gmail or a game, etc. Sometimes it will keep playing for a while, but then it will stop.

When I go back to the music player, I see it didn't just turn off, but I will see that the widget is frozen and I have to go in and press the pause/play a few times to get it going. And it will always start up again back about 20 to 30 seconds.

I am currently using Pete's Gingerbread 13 (have not upgraded to 14 yet since this works great otherwise) and I usually don't mess with a good thing for a while. Is this likely the ROM, is it something seen generally? Sounds like a RAM issue, with the audio being thrown overboard when it starts to get low, but why all of the sudden is it happening now?

Advertisement

2. mrterry

mrterry Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    I am going to speculate that this is one of the OG Droid's inherent issues with running GB, and why the Droid will never get an official GB release... because the 256MB RAM is just not enough to run all of the associated processes effectively. The OS will kill background apps that are using memory that should be available for foreground apps when multitasking.

As I understand it, anyhow.

3. katoom400

katoom400 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    I have a smiliar problem with all GB roms I have tried. music plays fine on either music player or pandora, then call comes in. After call ends the droid returns to the music and it is "garbled" and I have to reboot to fix. This has happened on every GB rom I have tried and I wipe every time....works correctly on Froyo roms