• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All Batteries are NOT created equal

Canefan

Dec 11, 2009
There has been considerable disparity regarding Droid users battery life post update. I was one reporting very dissappointing results. My phone usually would come off the charger at 6AM and down to 20% by noon with moderate use. I went out and bought a new battery and my phone went till about 8PM yesterday before I hit 20%. Went back to the old battery and again I'm. nearly drained by 2PM. Clearly my two batteries discharge at different rates. This probably explains why people are describing such different results.

Unfortunately that can be the case sometimes. My friend bought a G2 Touch a week before me, however even if we use the same settings/applications his battery never lasts as long as mine, he's gone and bought a larger battery and back cover now. This is a general phone issue really more common in smart phones, like when I had an iPhone the battery would barely last the day with moderate use, so I had it replaced under warranty.

Upvote 0
There has been considerable disparity regarding Droid users battery life post update. I was one reporting very dissappointing results. My phone usually would come off the charger at 6AM and down to 20% by noon with moderate use. I went out and bought a new battery and my phone went till about 8PM yesterday before I hit 20%. Went back to the old battery and again I'm. nearly drained by 2PM. Clearly my two batteries discharge at different rates. This probably explains why people are describing such different results.

I'm not sure if you're past your 30 days, but if not, mention this to Verizon, and maybe get a free one.

Upvote 0
I agree, I had a Razr back when they first came out. My friend bought one the same week as I did so we had the exact same model of phone. We always treated our phone batteries the same, never charged until it said "Low Battery" and started to beep. After about 8 months, mine would start to beep "Low Battery" after about 18 hours of very light/moderate use. The funny thing was, it would sit there and beep for about the next 24 hours, so I always wondered if it was a battery, or software issue.

Either way it didn't bother me that much, I just got a new phone shortly after that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones