• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [All Carriers][ROM][4.4.4] ViperOneM8 | Android 4.4.4 Sense 6.0 - HTC One M8

Granite1

Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The current version supports all of the carriers now, including Sprint, and Verizon. Do your due diligence and read the ROM OP!! If you're unsure ask questions first, flash second. ;)

Viper Rom has hit the One M8!! :D

Thread OP: j to the 4n

OP can be found here: [ROM][Feb 13] ViperOneM8 5.0.2 | 2.22.401.4

Last edited:
Viper is here for the Sprint and VerizonM8!! :D

That's right folks, all previous reasons not to root your phone and flash a rom have become null and void! :p

Thread OP: Turge

Sprint OP over at XDA: [ROM][APR 12][SPRINT] ViperOneM8 1.2.0 | 1.54.401.5 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 6.0 | Venom Tweaks, VenomPie, Venom Hub, Theming, Icon Packs, OTA Updates and more!

Verizon OP over at XDA: [ROM][APR 12][VERIZON] ViperOneM8 1.2.0 | 1.54.401.5 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 6.0

This is an official Viper rom from Team Venom, and it's sure to please. There's a whole slew of customization options and goodies included. Personally, I've never been disappointed with a Viper Rom. Ran Viper as my daily driver on my LTEvo about 95% of the time.

If you're looking for a good stable ROM, Viper always delivers. Give it a test spin, you won't be disappointed! ;)

Upvote 0
how do i flash the OTA 1.2.0 update from 1.1.0? when i go to settings>system update it just says "checking"... do i just flash the zip in recovery?

You should be able to download it direct and apply. :thinking:

I didn't get the chance to read the whole thread yet, so I'm not 100% on that.
From personal experience with these things, I'd download the whole rom then flash fresh. Helps avoid the little bugs that can crop up from time to time. A fresh clean slate will remove the chance for any errors, especially with a ROM that's as heavily modified as this one. :)

Upvote 0
I will be flashing this ROM this week!

I stayed up wayyy past my bed time Saturday, rooted and S-offed, then flashed this. It's really a good ROM. All of the Viper fixins on this device is an awesome experience. It's really only the second release too, wait until they have some more time to polish it out! :D

It's a great rom you'll like it! :)

Reactions: SolApathy
Upvote 0
I posted over at xda but figured i would try here too. I am having an issue with the native email client showing unread message numbers but not the actual messages themselves for my synced folders. Has anyone seen this?

Actually I haven't because I don't utilize the mail client app on the phone. I just use Gmail on my phone.

Have you posted this up in the bug tracker for the rom?

To let them know about a bug, open the Venom Hub app, and select "Feedback" on the main screen. Give them as much detail as you can.

Phone model, variant (Sprint, Verizon, Rodgers, etc), Software version, Firmware version, Hboot#, etc.

Upvote 0
Viper got another update to version 5.0!

There's a whole new slew of customizations, but the best is the ability to use the Viper Nav bar and auto hide it. You can set the nav bar to appear when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then it'll drop down after a few seconds. This little mod gives us the ability to utilize the entire screen!! :D

Change log by Turge:
ViperOneM8 1.5.0 (May 1)
Added
Added selective hide navbar on keypress
Added configurable min swipe distance to venom navbar
Added option to hide the dock on blinkfeed
Fixed
Fixed longpress on venom navbar
Fixed doublepress when hiding venom navbar on keypress is active
Fixed height of venom navbar when in fullscreen apps
Fixed duplicate navbar tweaks
Fixed stock navbar transparency issue
Fixed navbar button glow
Fixed crashing Landscape Navbar
Fixed VEQS Mobile Network
Fixed white space in dialer when hiding the native navbar
Fixed AT&T VVM (full rom)
Fixed FC when sharing Zoe
Fixed show in album tweak when cropping an screenshot
Fixed missing NFC NEQS tile

Upvote 0
[ROM][MAY 11] ViperOneM8 1.6.0 | 1.54.401.5 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 6.0 | Immersive Mode, Venom Tweaks, Venom Navbar, Venom Sidebar, VenomPie, Venom Hub, Theming, Icon Packs, OTA Updates and more! - Support for all Variants

This is one of the most customizable ROM's out there, with excellent support and regular updates

Welcome to the newest release of ViperROM, including the immersive mode mod that gives you the full screen experience you've been looking for!

Read more about the ROM and download it here: ViperRom 1.6.0. M8 All vairants

As always, read all of the instructions prior to flashing this ROM to avoid headaches!

You can always follow the Viper team on Google here: Viper Team on Google

Reactions: dan55
Upvote 0
Since the thread(s) over at xda get so cluttered I think I'll ask here.

Viper One 1.6.0, clean install. No problems, just wanting to know about the navigation bar.

In Venom tweaks -> colors, there you can colorize the nav bar buttons, however, how do you activate the ones not currently in the nav bar? I would love to put search and menu there and perhaps remove recents.

TIA

Upvote 0
Since the thread(s) over at xda get so cluttered I think I'll ask here.

Viper One 1.6.0, clean install. No problems, just wanting to know about the navigation bar.

In Venom tweaks -> colors, there you can colorize the nav bar buttons, however, how do you activate the ones not currently in the nav bar? I would love to put search and menu there and perhaps remove recents.

TIA

I'm not sure you can do this Teddy. I tried to find a setting in the Venom Tweaks, but I didn't notice anything. I think you can remap the button, but not change the icon.

If you go under Venom Tweaks / Keyboard, Buttons & Gestures and scroll all the way to the bottom. You can remap the home short press to whatever you like, same with recent apps.

Reactions: m6284505
Upvote 0
I'm not sure you can do this Teddy. I tried to find a setting in the Venom Tweaks, but I didn't notice anything. I think you can remap the button, but not change the icon.

If you go under Venom Tweaks / Keyboard, Buttons & Gestures and scroll all the way to the bottom. You can remap the home short press to whatever you like, same with recent apps.

I didn't want to change the icons, I wanted a search and menu button in my nav bar and possibly to remove the recents. I couldn't remove recents, but added the other two was done in the same section you pointed out. Oddly, they were already active, so I had to turn them off, then back on and poof there they were!

Thanks.

Reactions: m6284505
Upvote 0
I didn't want to change the icons, I wanted a search and menu button in my nav bar and possibly to remove the recents. I couldn't remove recents, but added the other two was done in the same section you pointed out. Oddly, they were already active, so I had to turn them off, then back on and poof there they were!

Thanks.

No problem my friend!! :)

Upvote 0
Oddly, they were already active, so I had to turn them off, then back on and poof there they were!

Thanks.
Glad I found this!!
I just got the M8 and flashed Sunday and I am slowly going through all the options and I happened to see these options turned on but didn't see the buttons on the navbar so I flipped them off and back on and then they appeared.
I do have an issue, hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Venom Tweaks->Keyboard, Buttons & Gestures->Navigationbar. I have it set to Venom, even rebooted like four times, but I cannot get the options to activate for Navbar height, auto hide, auto hide delay, etc., all are dimmed out. See attachment.
<edit> Just noticed I was a version behind for some reason. Flashed the 1.6 upgrade and all the options are dim still.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-10-16-41-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-10-16-41-18.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 310
Upvote 0
When you select the Viper Nav bar, look in the top righ hand corner. Should see a button to reboot. See if rebooting does the trick. :)
Nope, did that about 4 times. I even set it to none, rebooted, went back to tweaks, set it to venom rebooted, went back into tweaks and checked and venom is selected but all options are dim.
I also wiped cache and d cache but no go. I really want to hide it!! :D

Upvote 0
Nope, did that about 4 times. I even set it to none, rebooted, went back to tweaks, set it to venom rebooted, went back into tweaks and checked and venom is selected but all options are dim.
I also wiped cache and d cache but no go. I really want to hide it!! :D

Set it to stock--> reboot --> set to Venom -->reboot again . That's what was suggested on the XDA forum for those that are having issues with navbar

Upvote 0

Thanks.

Under keyboard, there are options to show the menu and search buttons for the nav bar
hu9a9u3y.jpg

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
Set it to stock--> reboot --> set to Venom -->reboot again . That's what was suggested on the XDA forum for those that are having issues with navbar
Dang, that didn't work either. I would hate to have to wipe and start over but I might just backup, wipe, reinstall, check to see if it works.

EDIT: I installed GravityBox and just shrunk the NavBar to 65 for now. That seems to be working pretty good.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
It's a big, at least for those of us on Sprint. I am in an LTE area and it doesn't properly toggle the service

Pretty sure that I flashed the radio fix for that.

Prior to Viper and prior to flashing the new radios I was driving in and out of LTE and everything worked great.

I just don't understand that switch.

:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones