• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [All Carriers][ROM][4.4.4] ViperOneM8 | Android 4.4.4 Sense 6.0 - HTC One M8

Tre, You can configure the 3 finger gesture to "Go to home", or you can set it to "Kill current App". I'm not seeing the "Back" selection anywhere in the 3 finger gesture menu.

Go to "Buttons, Gestures & Keyboard" turn on 3 finger gestures, then press the "Enable 3 finger gestures" header, you'll get a pop-up for all the selections available.

I'll have to inquire about the 3 finger "Back" gesture.

Upvote 0
Tre, You can configure the 3 finger gesture to "Go to home", or you can set it to "Kill current App". I'm not seeing the "Back" selection anywhere in the 3 finger gesture menu.

Go to "Buttons, Gestures & Keyboard" turn on 3 finger gestures, then press the "Enable 3 finger gestures" header, you'll get a pop-up for all the selections available.

I'll have to inquire about the 3 finger "Back" gesture.

It's in there in the new 1.8 update. It was in the change long on the first page.

Soon as I updated, it showed up.

Upvote 0
the downloads are nasty! most dont seem to do anything at all :/

Go back into VENOM TWEAKS & find the area where you selected the feature that you chose.

Some of them require that you hit the re-fresh icon in the upper R/H corner to enable.
Once refreshed,the refresh icon disappears,until you select another tweak.

The refresh icon is usually only visible in the corresponding section to where you selected the tweak.

If you selected something from VENOM HUB,a full re-boot may be necessary to enable the feature.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
sorry for the confusion - im trying to dload the full rom - takes for ages it seems - the first few mirrors i tried didnt even start ......the germany one is working ,,, but soooo slowly :D
cheers

..phew! got it down in the end :) 171 full

....note to self ... dont try this after day at work on computers :D

night

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
thanks Tre

looks super smooth so far - as soon as i hooked up the wifi...down came 1.8 update ...cool :)

....btw - are there any LED related tweaks in it? other than the stock led stuff

i cant get my led to work for notifications now :/

cheers

....actually have got the missed call working, so think is just the calendar app now

Upvote 0
te4anaze.jpg

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
This ROM looks great. I have not rooted yet as the process looked a little more complicated than it was for my previous phone - the S3!

However I'm now really tempted!

I assume I first follow this thread to unlock and root:

http://androidforums.com/one-m8-all-things-root/845182-htc-one-m8-root-thread.html#post6548876

and then head over to:

[ROM][June 28] ViperOneM8 1.8.0 | 1.54.401.5 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 6.0 | Immersive Mode, Venom Tweaks, Venom Navbar, Venom Sidebar, VenomPie, Venom Hub, Theming, Icon Packs, OTA Updates and more! - Support for all Variants - xda-developers

to d/l and install the ROM.

At some point the phone will be wiped so can someone suggest best method to back up apps and data?

Thanks

Upvote 0
@ Tre,

I got the 3 finger gesture back button to work. The Back button emulation is only available for a Left or Right swipe. Adamlee over at XDA let me know where it was. I only ever checked the swipe down option, hence not finding it. :eek:

Been looking for something like this to use in conjunction w/immersive mode.

That (immersion mode) is the only thing I'm having issues with.
I've tried the exclude (whitelist/blacklist?) option & it doesn't take & the on-screen buttons stay hidden at times,even w/a re-boot.

I found an app that was folded in w/another ROM that seems to work fairly well(GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys).

I'll check this app out & the left/right swipe w/VIPER,as soon as I make a nandroid of what I'm running ATM.........BRB............

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have it in my power menu - and Viper lets you exclude apps that can't deal with it.

I'm not having much success w/the VENOM TWEAK that enables immersive mode,especially the exclusion option:
The buttons stay hidden for me,for whatever reason.
I'd prefer to use the VENOM TWEAKS method,instead of using a 3rd party app &/or XPOSED module (if one is actually available).
However,the GMD HIDE SOFT KEYS app in the GP Store is working well for me.
Not able to exclude apps,but,it's working.

I may try a clean flash of the ROM in a few days,just restored VIPER a few minutes ago to test this app.

Still got a couple other ROMS I want to look at,looks like my upcoming weekend will be a flashy one..... :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones