• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [All Carriers][ROM][4.4.4] ViperOneM8 | Android 4.4.4 Sense 6.0 - HTC One M8

Oh damn. Do we need to for Viper 2.x.x? Or actually should I start a new thread with this? I got tired of reading the viper thread at xda . . . .

TIA

You need to be on the latest firmware, version number depends on Sprint vs GSM, Verizon has no firmware update. We have a Sprint firmware thread - go to the mik mik, get the Captain's package, put it on your SD card per his instructions, boot into hboot, pour a cup of coffee, look at your phone, and you're done. Remember to remove the zip from your SD card.

Otherwise, search xda for "firmware fuu" if you're on GSM.

oh.... and what about s on peeps?
thanks

You'll have to get help here, start a thread, on how to update your firmware with an RUU. I don't know how to do that, but others do.

Without a firmware update, your first boot can take up to a half hour, booting after that will take 5-8 minutes.

Personally, I'm going to wait for an update cycle and give everything and everyone developing time to sort things out. But, that's just me - lots of people really like version 2 as-is. I'm staying with 1.8.0 for now. Everything works lol.

Upvote 0
OK, here's the news -

j to the 4n at XDA said:
changelog.png
ViperOneM8 2.0.1 (August 12)
  • FIXED Sprint WIFI calling
  • FIXED Sprint bootanimation
  • FIXED Verizon bootanimation
  • FIXED Latest YouTube 5.9.0.10 not working
  • FIXED Missing search items in Google Search
  • FIXED Hiding NFC icon on t-mobile carrier (will just work if fullrom is installed)
  • FIXED Custom Lockscreen notifications not working
  • FIXED Smallapps showing updates in playstore
  • FIXED Widgets for resizing on 4x5 and 5x6 home screen

You can install the OTA via Settings->About: Software Update.
Ensure you installed the OTA fix in VenomHub->Addons:Hotfixes first.

Fullroms and the OTA as zip to download will be available later that day...or tomorrow at

Upvote 0
My opinion, you definitely want to wait for the Verizon update to hit so you get firmware first.

And mine from what I've read. Plenty of unhappy VZW users in the VZW Viper Rom thread over at XDA.

I'm going to add that to this OP. EDIT, well I was but all I get is a big blank edit window when I hit the edit button, so NVM.

Reactions: dan55
Upvote 0
And mine from what I've read. Plenty of unhappy VZW users in the VZW Viper Rom thread over at XDA.

I'm going to add that to this OP. EDIT, well I was but all I get is a big blank edit window when I hit the edit button, so NVM.

That's an occasional bug, we keep trying to fix that, sorry. :(

I'll get it shortly.

Upvote 0
Finding it hard to be patient... any issues noted with the newest version?

I don't want to imply anything - it's just that a lot of people have varying mileage, especially if using themes as a number of those are still catching up.

J to the 4n originally said that we could dirty flash this - now the rest of the team and the users are all pretty clear that a clean flash is required.

Some are claiming some interactions between Sense and Google + that breaks syncing - I don't know if that's a symptom or real or what.

Reactions: Granite1 and dan55
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: dan55
Upvote 0
Just loaded VO on to my phone earlier, Jesus H Christ there is a ton of options! Not had this many since Illusion ROM on my S3 :D

First thing that is noticeable though is the battery life is looking awesome! ARHD seemed to drain quite quickly for some reason on mobile data so 3 hours SOT was the best I could get, this is the ROMs first run and at 56% left I've got just short of 2.5 hours SOT :thumb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones