• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All contacts are being saved to "Favorites" tab

blackOne

Lurker
Sep 20, 2010
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been asked but I've been searching for this everywhere and I can't seem to find this particular problem. I just got a Nexus One. I am using the stock Contacts app that comes with the phone.

What is driving me crazy is that every contact I save saves directly onto the "Favorites" tab rather than the "Contacts" tab. I think the first four contacts I saved went to "Contacts, but the rest are in "Favorites".

Here's the weird part, all of these contacts have the option of selecting "Add to Favorites" with long press. All this does it put it to the top of the list and Place the rest under a sub-group "Frequently Contacted". Once I "Remove from Favorites" the contact return back to it's place on the list and the sub group heading is removed.

While in the favorites list/ frequently contacted list, the contacts are not in alphabetical order. Wth is going on? I feel like this is a quick fix for someone with a bit of common sense.

Thanks in advance for you help.

@pwabbit

Hey thanks for your reply, but the star was never filled in. If I press it the same things happens as when I "Add to Favorites". If no one has seen this problem than it may just be unique to a few phones... or just me.

I am also having trouble adding new phone numbers. I just tried to save my doctor's number. (type out the number, click the "+" icon in the lower left of the phone number input screen, fill out the info and save. I have done this three times, it is neither in the contacts tab or the favorites tab. I like this basic app, should I just download a new one?

Upvote 0
You could try using another contacts app, but you will probably have the same problem. The alternate apps share the same data as the stock app. Is there a way for you to remove and reinstall that app or is it locked into the ROM? If it is not removable, the only way to re-fresh the app is to do a factory reset. You will want to backup your data first.

Reactions: blackOne
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones