• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All-day events not showing in monthly calendar view

albertdc

Lurker
Aug 11, 2010
I could have sworn that before the 2.2 update on the Droid X, all-day events were represented by a little block in the day of the event when viewing the whole month in the stock Calendar app. Since the update to Froyo,however, I no longer see anything at all representing my all-day events. Does anybody else have this problem? Is there a setting I'm missing to change that?
The events are shown in the daily or weekly views correctly, just not in the monthly view.
On the flip-side, though this aspect of the calendar got broken, it does seem to depict events throughout the day better in the monthly view compared to before. Now if only it would show different colors for different calendars in the monthly view too...
Any help regarding the all-day events would be appreciated. (Just to be clear, I'm talking about an event like birthday, etc that is checked off as all-day so it is displayed before all the hours of the day).

I no longer see anything at all representing my all-day events. Does anybody else have this problem?

I've had my phone for 2-days and this is the first thing I noticed however if you look closely at the monthly view, the date is bold for those dates that have an event. If I switch to weekly (or daily) view, I see the text of what the event is which is what you confirmed as well. I really prefer the monthly view. I downloaded a free app calendar called Jorte and my events show up there. The stock calendar app doesn't seem to be rocking my world right now.

Upvote 0
........ if you look closely at the monthly view, the date is bold for those dates that have an event....

Good pickup, but unfortunately the date is bold if there are any events at all on that day, whether they are all-day events or whether they are 1 hour appointments. That means, if a day has both an all-day even AND an appointment, you can't differentiate it from a day with just an appointment and no all-day event. I need to be able to see at a galnce which days I'm on call and I can't tell with the current calendar.
I don't know what Motorola was thinking with this Calendar - BlackBerry and Palm do it so much better.
I installed Jorte, but although I like the month view better, I hate that it doesn't give a day view with each appointment taking up a block like the stock calendar does.

Glad to know I'm not missing a setting - maybe they'll change it back in the future because I could swear that before the 2.2 update you could tel which days had an all-day appointment.

Upvote 0
Even before the update the stock app sucked. It would only show one color for all events. I've been using calendar pad pro, it's not the best looking app but it works great. It shows colors and text for all calendars/events in month view. The only negative is that you have to use the stock app to select the calendars you want displayed.

Reactions: albertdc
Upvote 0
Even before the update the stock app sucked. It would only show one color for all events. I've been using calendar pad pro, it's not the best looking app but it works great. It shows colors and text for all calendars/events in month view. The only negative is that you have to use the stock app to select the calendars you want displayed.

Thanks - I just downloaded the Free version (calendar pad, not pro) and it looks good. I like the fact that I can have everything showing in the month view and it is the same color scheme for my 2 calendars that the native app shows. Then there is the option to go to the native day view when I select a specific day of the month - I LOVE that. Makes it much easier IMHO to edit the apts and/or add new ones compared to the other two day viewing option it has. This alone makes it much better than Jorte - I disliked the day view in that one.

Thanks. Let's hope for a calendar improvement in Gingerbread....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones