1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

All domain email going to trash

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by schmuttis, May 24, 2021.

1. schmuttis

schmuttis Lurker

I have a pixel 4a cell phone using Verizon service.

All of the email that I receive via my domain email account always goes into the trash folder. I can't find a way to mark this as NOT trash so future email goes to into the inbox. Any suggestions?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what email application are you using?

3. schmuttis

schmuttis Lurker

Gmail.

I thought I put this in the Gmail Forum - did I not do that?

Unforgiven and ocnbrze like this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Brian706, Unforgiven and lunatic59 like this.
  5. schmuttis

schmuttis Lurker

Actually that's one of the pages I already looked at. The directions that they give for going to "filters" doesn't exist on my phone. There must be a newer way to get to filters that I just haven't found unfortunately.

I have android 11 if that should make any difference.

Brian706 likes this.
  6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Those instructions are better suited to using the Gmail web interface than a smartphone app. Try logging into your Gmail account at
    https://mail.google.com
    using a desktop/laptop web browser. At the top there should be a Gear icon, click on that, and in the Settings menu one of the tabs will be labeled 'Filters and Blocked Addresses'. Then you can set up a Filter that to always allow messages from that blocked domain. And just in case, you don't need to make any alterations to whichever email app you're using on your phone, the filter is applied to your Gmail account at a server level so whether you use a phone app or a computer browser makes no difference.

7. James_Watson

James_Watson Android Enthusiast

What do you mean that 'domain email account'? Is it your gmail inbox, or your own mailbox with your domain name some like 'yourname@youredomain.com'?

Gmail

Gmail Forum

com.google.android.gm

Gmail is an easy to use email app that saves you time and keeps your messages safe. Get your messages instantly via push notifications, read and respond online & offline, and find any message quickly. With the Gmail app you get: • An organized inbox - Social and promotional messages are sorted into categories so you can read messages from friends and family first. • Less spam - Gmail blocks spam before it hits your inbox to keep your account safe and clutter free. • 15GB of free storage - You won’t need to delete messages to save space. • Multiple account support - Use both Gmail and non-Gmail addresses (Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, or any other IMAP/POP email) right from the app.

READ MORE
March 16, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5B+
Installs