1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support All HD/HQ content on Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by snoopy2699, Mar 18, 2011.

1. snoopy2699

snoopy2699 Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Well I know we cant watch Netflix till Gingerbread but what are some cool sites/links/ways to watch high def/quality?

Any live TV apps? I know sling is out there (and I have one) but dont wanna take the leap for a classic slingB with no HD for $30.

Thanks!

Stu

Advertisement

2. jmz768

jmz768 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 5, 2009
    Will the classic Slingbox even work? It's not on the supported list for Android but I've read in other places that it might still work. Hate to shell out 30 bucks for the player only to find out I need to buy a new box.

3. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    QA Analyst
    Ohio
  4. snoopy2699

snoopy2699 Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Has anyone figured out how to get a TV tuner working for there Bolt yet? I was trying to use VLC at one point to set up a server or something but have had zero luck.

Used handbreak to resize a video and it worked pretty good but this is the only way I have got really good quality (HD) to my phone as of now.

5. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None

Is a lot of that video high def? I think most of it is just standard definition, if that. Even the Movie Stream version of that is VHS-type quality.

6. snoopy2699

snoopy2699 Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    yes it is standard def.

I used handbreak but cant seem to find the right size/fps. I just loaded another one and it is choppy but perfect resolution (fullscreen). My first one was "The Other Guys" in 1080p or 720p and it looked great but it looked alittle smashed but played clean. I did another one of the same movie on the right resolution and the playback was choppy. I just did "Hot Tube Time Mach." in the right resolution but it was still choppy. About to try to turn the fps down and maybe that will correct it.

Also what is there to do with the speed that 4g is pushing out? The only thing I can think of is streaming HD content but know one seems to be using it for this.. WT.f is this speed good for??? What should I be d/l for free* that could benifit this speed!?

I know I can load up webpages with a quickness but I still feel like there has to be something else I can be doing besides pulling up websites fast...I mean the speed is matching and exceeding are home cable speed, 16+mbps.

7. snoopy2699

snoopy2699 Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    also I got the app "PlayOn" and loaded the software on my PC and can watch Hulu and other shows but the sound is off....

If anyone knows a fix or a better app/software to use plz list

thanks all

8. DanDroid

DanDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    QA Analyst
    Ohio
    Last year when I had my HTC EVO, I used Handbrake and this guide to convert my movies. When I got my T-Bolt, I just copied over those movie files I made and they played fine / look and sound great and take up the entire screen. So basically you can use that guide, just replace the steps with "Thunderbolt" vs "EVO" since you will be making a profile to save.

Just recently I built a HTPC, and instead of getting a tuner card, I bought an HD capture card @ Newegg. It wasn't cheap, but it came with some great recording software and a host dongle with component connections. It does have HDMI port but when I try to record from my U-verse STB the stream is copyrighted and will not record, but it does record 720p using the dongle and looks fantastic on any of my TV's or the T-Bolt.

9. snoopy2699

snoopy2699 Member
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Anyone figured out how to stream live TV yet? I tried to get the ESPN live stream to work but since I have Comcast it would not allow me to. Trying to avoid paying the $30 for sling-box. NFL mobile stream works great.

Have a TV tuner. Still a no go. Could not figure out how to set up VLC stream. ORB did not work either and I heard wasn't worth it anyways.

Also any sites to check out to d/l hq/hd content would be appreciated!