1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

All in one media player and media manager (like vlc)?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mystvearn, Jun 5, 2011.

1. mystvearn

mystvearn Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    MY
    My music playlist include both audio only (Flac, mp3, ogg) and video (mp4, flv, etc). The stock player on my SGS2 can play mp3's, but can't play flv. Also, the annoying thing is which I found out with my sgs2 and ps3 is that it groups videos and music separately even though its from the same artist/folder. Though it can stream the files, and displays the folders-the files are apart. This is quite annoying. Also, it only plays mp4's and not flv's (which I have a lot).

Does anyone know an app player than can play mp3,s, mp4 and flv's in one playlist? I've already made a playlist on my W7 pc, so I just want to import the list and music directly on the player without having to recreate a new one. I am prepared to reencode all the videos in a more friendly mp4 format if there is no flv solution but then the media player is still unwilling to see all files in the same folder.

Advertisement

2. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Mobo Player I guess. It plays everything .

mystvearn likes this.
  3. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    There is not need to be limited to the stock player, because there are many alternatives in the Market.
    Sometimes an all-in-one solution is not the best, so if you can't find a single app that is great at video/music/manager tasks, then just use different ones. I use Mobo Player as my video player and PowerAMP as my music player. I don't bother with playlists, so can't really recommend a media manager.

4. mystvearn

mystvearn Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    MY
    Thanks for the suggestions.

5. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    A VLC player for Android is supposed to be released soon. I thnk many of us are anxiously waiting for it because currently there is no similarly excellen swiss-army-knife media player on Android. Right now you pretty much have to get a video player app like MoboPlayer, and a music player like MortPlayer or BoomBoxoid.