• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All In One Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to make sure there is only one recovery.img for every phone?
Thanks for this btw. I installed cwm from rm and its not working. I always hated cwm.

Hello, yes there is only one recovery.img for each phone.
Not sure what phone you have but from my experience RM always bricked my LG optimus T when I tried to use it to flash CWM, CWM never worked either on that device even when installed manually. (although CWM works great on my other devices)
And also just a warning, the TeamWin Touch recovery doesn't create backups properly the optimus T either, so don't trust it.

Upvote 0
Hi Folks, my first post here and I am a real newb to rooting phones. I did a Coby Kyros tablet once with a lot of help from others. I do not run a windows operating system on my computer but run Mepis Linux instead so, I hope I can still make this all happen.

I have a Casio Commando Gzone phone that has so much preloaded stuff from Verizon that I can't keep things updated because the memory on board is too small. Many things that I would like to be rid of or move to the sd card can't be eliminated or moved. I would really like to root this phone but do not have a clue as to what to do to get this done. Is there any hope for me or am I out of luck? Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones