1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

All In One Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads' started by getitnowmarketing, May 6, 2011.

1. linsalata28

linsalata28 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Male
    Construction
    Philadelphia PA
    Just to make sure there is only one recovery.img for every phone?
    Thanks for this btw. I installed cwm from rm and its not working. I always hated cwm.

Advertisement

2. droidgeek99

droidgeek99 Newbie
    None

Apr 27, 2012
    Windows maintenance/repair expert
    Hello, yes there is only one recovery.img for each phone.
    Not sure what phone you have but from my experience RM always bricked my LG optimus T when I tried to use it to flash CWM, CWM never worked either on that device even when installed manually. (although CWM works great on my other devices)
    And also just a warning, the TeamWin Touch recovery doesn't create backups properly the optimus T either, so don't trust it.

3. Dennybob

Dennybob Lurker
    None

May 17, 2014
    Hi Folks, my first post here and I am a real newb to rooting phones. I did a Coby Kyros tablet once with a lot of help from others. I do not run a windows operating system on my computer but run Mepis Linux instead so, I hope I can still make this all happen.

I have a Casio Commando Gzone phone that has so much preloaded stuff from Verizon that I can't keep things updated because the memory on board is too small. Many things that I would like to be rid of or move to the sd card can't be eliminated or moved. I would really like to root this phone but do not have a clue as to what to do to get this done. Is there any hope for me or am I out of luck? Thanks for your time.