• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All In One Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.. first thank you very much for all your great and hard work.

I just rooted my Optimus T (T-Mobile) and wanted to get the recovery fixed too. . I followed the "6 easy steps" and everything went just fine until it rebooted!!

The phone is NOT BOOTING at all!! It is stuck on the LG logo and not doing anything!!

Please guys help me! :( PLEASE PLEASE :'(

Upvote 0
i suspect the recovery didn't flash correctly. i read the log file and there were errors. however i do not know what to do about them. hopefully the information means more to you then it does for me.
Device : lg vortex
Recovery Version : unknown to me. i downloaded the one linked at the beginning of the thread from mediafire.
Error : a number of errors reported. such as no file exists. i will be attaching the log file.

the file i have attached is titled dump-recovery. i don't know if it is the right one. but it is the only one i could find. please let me know if this is the one you need if not i will try to find the correct information.
thank you for your assistance in this matter.
the goal of rooting the phone was to delete the bloatware and some of the verizon apps. it seems the only way is to manually go into the files of the phone and either delete or move the .apks so the apps don't run.

while i think this method would be effective. i don't feel too comfortable deleting or modifying things like that manually. if you are aware of a safer way to verify you are only deleting the apps and not important system folders.

thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Upvote 0
Alright, first off. Hello! I am new to the Smartphone world(quite delayed, I know.) as well as the Android world. The phone I have aquired is not my main phone, and I wanted to do some tinkering around with it, this sort of stuff is what I love to do. I am a "n00b" persay, and I am at no loss if I do end up screwing around my phone.

I learn from trial and error, and decided to use this opportunity to learn about what I'm doing. I'm only a few days into this, and as such, I am still extremely inexperienced.
I just wanted to write this as a disclaimer, to avoid the "YOU SHOULDN'T BE ROOTING IF YOU ARE NEWB/YOU ARE DUMB WHY'D YOU DO THAT?" I, again, am at no loss if this phone messes up, so I was doing things on my own accord:

Now...

What I have is an LG Shine Plus (Telus is the carrier in Canada.) also known as the LG Ally in the US, I believe. I've now read more and discovered some of my wrong choices..but I had rooted my phone with Universal Androot..worked smoothly, installed super user. I then downloaded Rom Manager as well as Rom Tool Box. I downloaded the Clockwork mod and flashed it..when it came up, it said "Select Phone" and it listed Optimus V. I, most likely being not the smarted choice, chose to go ahead with the flash.

Now this is my issue. My phone works fine and dandy, and is rooted..but I -CANNOT- get it to boot into recovery. I cannot factory reset the phone from the menu when the phone is booted, nor can I hard reset the phone through the button combination. I also cannot boot to recovery through ROM Manager. Whenever I do any of the above, the phone restarts, LG Logo appears momentarily, and then it resets again, LG Logo appears, goes to my carrier splash screen, boots android, and my phone is as it was, but rooted.

I have no idea at this point what I did, and I would like to LEARN from this mistake and experience, if someone here has the patience to explain what I might have done(without getting massively over technical.) I would be extremely grateful.

Also, I have a Micro USB cord I purchased for this phone was Wal-Mart(I was given this phone as it was dead, lacked a charger or any cable, so my friend gave it to me for free, hence why I'm not too concerned if it dies, ect. it's soley for tinkering around on.) and it seems after doing whatever I did, my computer will -NOT- recognize it as a USB device, even after installing drivers from LG's home page, and following tons of other advice I found, I just cannot get it to connect.

So ultimately, what I'd like to do at this point, is restore the phone to how it was, factory reset, so I can start this whole process over again.

I look forward to a quick response.

And thank you!!!

Upvote 0
Please help me, I'm so lost! D: I used to have clockworkmod as my recovery, but needed to switch to Amon-Ra for some partitioning matters. But now I don't have ANY recovery AT ALL! As far as I can tell anyway :/ It keeps going into fastboot mode and it keeps getting the long "read error" that ends in 'not enough space." Can someone please tell me the correct precedure for flashing "recovery-ra-aloha-3.06-gnm.img" via terminal emulator? I'm on the Lg Ally using Velocity 1.2.1 and have a pretty fresh nandroid from a couple days ago I can use to reset everything if need be. :T I have also already tried the troubleshoot #2 for this issue, to no avail. :(

EDIT: Problem solved thanks to dots :)

Upvote 0
tried to follow ur steps... unfortunately i wsnt able to follow all of them and read then quite thouroughly.. now i ended up with a bricked LG Optimus P690... is there anyway i can recover my bricked phone? tried to use CWM.. and now im stuck in an LG Splash Screen with buttons just falshing....

id really appreaciatte if sum one could point me how to undo everything and recover my phone....

thanks and.... and seasons's greetings to all.!

Upvote 0
I've been trying several custom recoveries, but can't make a backup of the nand.

Device : LG Optimus One P500h
Recovery Version : recovery-ra-thunderg-3.06-gnm.img
Error : Can't mount the Sd Card, so I can't make a backup (using ADB shell, I see no contents on /sdcard/ ... also, can't move the recovery.log to the sdcard since it's not mounted).

Any ideas why?

Attachments

• recovery.log.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
I've been trying several custom recoveries, but can't make a backup of the nand.

Error : Can't mount the Sd Card, so I can't make a backup (using ADB shell, I see no contents on /sdcard/ ... also, can't move the recovery.log to the sdcard since it's not mounted).

Any ideas why?

Still have no idea why, but I figured out that this problem only occurred while having the cellphone plugged in to the computer through the usb cable. I unplugged and could mount the memory card and make the backup.

Upvote 0
Any chance you know what LGE Factory reset is?

Its for LG phones like the lg optimus line that when you do a factory reset from android settings/privacy you get stuck in recovery. Recovery should automatically check the lg reset mode it and reset it upon entering recovery. That item is in case the auto check fails and will be removed in the future as the auto check works well.

Upvote 0

Any ideas why?

Optimus one 500h is not currently supported. Its different than the other p500's

Upvote 0
Its for LG phones like the lg optimus line that when you do a factory reset from android settings/privacy you get stuck in recovery. Recovery should automatically check the lg reset mode it and reset it upon entering recovery. That item is in case the auto check fails and will be removed in the future as the auto check works well.
So if I click it, it'll format stuff? Data, cache, and whatnot? Also, it's no danger in bricking the device from it? I like this recovery, works really fast. :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones