• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All my EVO does is reboot constantly.

julian18d7

Jul 17, 2010
I'm at wits end. All my EVO does is reboot and ive tried everything. I dont wanna call Sprint because all there gonna do is try and troubleshoot with no success and then set up an appointment for me at a repair center and all they will do is reset it (which wont work) or give me a refurb. Any suggestions. Is it possible to trade a phone in for a lesser phone?

Ive been there :( I have BB Black Tie insurance, and they were willing to send it in etc for free, but could take 2-3 weeks he said, no thanks. So I just walked into a repair shop, I could make it reboot for the tech, 10 min later he said it was defective internal memory. For $35 they would have me another phone by noon the NEXT DAY. I really didnt want a refurb, but I got one. However, it only had 100 something minutes of talk time which my phone had way more. So imo I got a "newer" phone than I had thats worked fine since no problems! The $35 was ok with me for 24 hr fix

Upvote 0
A couple things,
People are always so against refurb. Iused to be as well, until I actually had a refurb a few items. Factory refurbs are not like refurbs that you buy on ebay where some guy buys mass market broken units, fixes them in his basement, and then sells you the unit still sticky from the mountain dew and cheatos he was consuming. My point? For all intents and purposes the refurb units can and should be considered new. In many cases you are actually getting a new unit that has just been placed in lesser packaging to save resources. Refurbs aren't bad.

As to the OP's question, it sounds to me that if you are ready to go with a "lesser phone" there is more to this story than you claim. Why not just get a WORKING evo? Plenty of people have units that work just fine. If you are trying to use this to your advantage to get a different phone because you don't like the EVO, you probably won't get very far.

Just my two cents!

Upvote 0
I agree, a factory refurb phone is as good as new. the use OEM parts and it goes through rigorous testing to make sure everything is up to par. its practically the same as a new phone except it has some miles on it.

as for the original question. I would recommend you back up everything (use Lookout in the android market, and export your contacts to your micro sd) then run do a hard start (shut down the phone, and press start while holding the volume down key, when the menu comes up select clean recovery) if it is a software problem that SHOULD do the trick. if not then it is probably a hardware issue and you should go get that swapped out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones