1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

All new to me (well, somewhat anyway)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by surfbored, Jun 24, 2013.

1. surfbored

surfbored Lurker

Hi Everyone! I'm probably older than most at age 66 but I do firmly believe "old dogs" CAN learn new tricks, though my wife may not agree. I'd like to learn all I can about the Android OS, but so far my attempts have been sketchy. I believe no question is a stupid question, however, I have learned in other forums that was not the case, as most of my simple questions were met with less than flattering replies. I'm hoping this forum is unlike those. I'm here to learn and pass the knowledge on. So, let's just consider me a "newbie."

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pandacookie

pandacookie Panda-riffic!

Hi there! Welcome to the forums!

There really is no such thing as a "stupid question", so feel free to fire away with as many questions as you wish! This has to be one of the friendliest Android forums on the internet, so you are definitely in the right place! Everyone here is here to help. You won't find many (if any) people here that will put you down or make you feel bad.

So take a look around, find the forum that best suits your needs and ask away!!! :)

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello, and allow me to add my welcome, surfbored. :)

You'll find as you read around Android Forums that it is a great big community of sub-communities centered mainly around phones and tablets. There are many other non-device areas, as well, and the whole place is well monitored by Staff in green (Guides) and red (Moderators and an Admin or two). That all adds up to the best, most helpful and friendly place in town. :D

Here are just three of the main areas to help you get started:

Android Phones - Android Forums

Android Tablets & MIDs - Android Forums

Android Community - Android Forums

By the way, you're a bit younger than I am. ;)

4. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

If you ask how to turn your phone me on, you will get serious detailed instruction with Pict red and a follow up.
    There are no "stupid" questions here. 99% of the people here are more than willing to help with anything.