• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root All root and s-off links are not available?

lheajo

May 20, 2011
Hello, I'm trying to root my Htc wildfire and I'm running into alot of road blocks. Firstly the phone will not allow me to check my HBoot version. The volume down and power button simply just turn the phone back on. I've tried it quite a few times. Secondly The Revolutionary.exe file will not extract because Adbwinapi.dll is missing! I tried the "alternate method" for rooting and get a 404 link error for the Unrevoked. So the link no longer exists. What are my options?! Thank you in advance for any help.

Hello, I'm trying to root my Htc wildfire and I'm running into alot of road blocks. Firstly the phone will not allow me to check my HBoot version. The volume down and power button simply just turn the phone back on. I've tried it quite a few times. Secondly The Revolutionary.exe file will not extract because Adbwinapi.dll is missing! I tried the "alternate method" for rooting and get a 404 link error for the Unrevoked. So the link no longer exists. What are my options?! Thank you in advance for any help.

Hello lheajo!
Although I don't have your device, I have had the Evo4g... It's similar. Also, I'm on my phone but I'll do the best I can to help:)
To check your hboot, make sure fastboot is unchecked then power down and do the power/volume down combo. Or pull your battery, wait a minute, insert battery , then try the button combination again

Reactions: lheajo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones