• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All SMS threads mysteriously deleted.

mike8813

Lurker
Dec 14, 2009
So my droid just deleted about 1,000 or so text and picture messages among 5 or 6 different threads. I don't know what I could have done to cause this, as I've had "never delete messages" selected since day one.

I've seen a few more instances of this happening on other forums, but no mention of it here. Has anybody else run into this bug? It's infuriating.

I have been having the same problems except that the sms keeps force closing on me. I can have one thread with five messages and it force closes and deletes the thread. I could have ten threads with a ton of messages and it will force close and delete all of them. No ryhme or reason to any of it. I have tried uninstalling all apps and still have the same problem. I posted it on this forum before but never really got a solid answer. This is the only problem that I have been having with the Droid. It's getting kinda of annoying but based on some of the other problems I have been reading about, I can't complain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones