• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All sounds gone!

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
I just had an unbelievable thing happen on my phone. Every sound byte in almost every app including the default settings changed. So every alert, my ringtones, email etc, etc were changed from my normal sound bytes to a 4 digit number that wasn't on my phone (at least I can't find them) and had no sound. I went through all the apps that had sounds that I could remember and corrected there notifications. Anyone else have this happen any any idea why? It was a real pain trying to fix them all and I'm pretty sure I missed a few. I did some research after the fact and a few places said that restarting the phone might have fixed the problem. Too bad I didn't do the research first. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just had an unbelievable thing happen on my phone. Every sound byte in almost every app including the default settings changed. So every alert, my ringtones, email etc, etc were changed from my normal sound bytes to a 4 digit number that wasn't on my phone (at least I can't find them) and had no sound. I went through all the apps that had sounds that I could remember and corrected there notifications. Anyone else have this happen any any idea why? It was a real pain trying to fix them all and I'm pretty sure I missed a few. I did some research after the fact and a few places said that restarting the phone might have fixed the problem. Too bad I didn't do the research first. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
any kind of glitch or issue, you should always reboot the phone first. not sure what exactly happened, probably just a glitch as i said.

Upvote 0
any kind of glitch or issue, you should always reboot the phone first. not sure what exactly happened, probably just a glitch as i said.
I should have known better but I panicked. I know, not too bright. Since there are other reports of similar occurrences, it might not be a glitch. It could be an unreported issue with our Pixel 6 phone's. I posted this so if it happens to anyone else, don't do what I did. Reboot your phone first and then, if that doesn't work, go through all your sounds and fix them.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones