• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All text messages gone

D

Deleted User

I use Handcent and woke up this morning to find all my text messages gone. I looked in the stock messaging app, gone there as well. What the hell happenend? Is there a way to get them back?

I have restarted the phone, pulled the battery... nothing. The only thing that I have done from normal operation is I reinstalled Alarm Clock Pro v2 for my docking station at work. Is there something wrong with the text messaging this morning?

Update: I called Verizon level 2 tech support, she said since I had in the stock messaging app the "Delete old messages" checked it will automatically delete all messages when the limit is reached, is this true?? If so, that is ridiculous, there should be a warning or something!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones