• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root All the info and links youll need to successfully get to .901 rooted and have a Custom Rom!!

swc2001

Android Expert
Aug 28, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Well as the title implies this is simply a thread to help those people who want to have .901 rooted on a custom Rom.

.901 radio gives infinitely better reception for data (No more data drops in iffy areas,especially if you use cdma only) and has a better Kernal.
Here is where to get Roms for .901 http://rootzwiki.com...ith-custom-rom/

Also go and read this in the Bionic Forums.... This will teach you how to use Pathsaver. Pathsaver is what you will use to get to .901... be sure to read posts 23 and 24.... you can skip the rest. Maybe read post 1. http://www.bionicfor...k-method-3.html

Download the Pathsaver file here Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! and follow their procedurein the previous link to Bionic Forums. Youll be there in No time.

Hope that helps. And maybe give me a thanks..... its linked directly to my brain and gives me a shot of endorphins.

I take No credit for the procedure just gathering the info into one location.

Reactions: Jeffery
I'm excited about going through this process, but I've been reading hundreds of posts on 3 or 4 different forums about this and it's got my head spinning, my eyes burning, and I'm a little worried about screwing up so here are my questions that will hopefully put me at ease and keep me from having to find my answers buried in 400-post threads.

1) I'm on 5.7.893 with forever root and some apps frozen. Question: Does this make the process any different for me?
2) I read on one thread that wiping data and cache are good to do before starting the process. Question: Is this true?
3) I downloaded the pathsaver file last night (1/4/12). Question: Does this mean that I have the pathsaver with the BBB modifications already added or do I still need to go through that process of overwriting some of the files?
4) Some posts have said that a better way to make sure you maintain root when going to .901 is to reboot the phone after applying the .893 update and run the forever root....then go back into recovery and apply the .901 update. Question: Is this true or does the BBB modification solve everything?

Upvote 0
If you download the version of pathsaver that I put the link for in my thread you will already have the bbb built in. And yes it is deffinately best to run 4ever root again once in .893 then in stock recovry update to .901. If ypu read th pathsaver thread you will see all that you need. AND WHEN you get the cdt error in fast boot DONT PANIC your fine just run the .901 fix bat while the error is on your phone and youll be right as rain in about a second. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones