• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Have you tried a cold lock 12 hours later in a different location yet? Just curious how people are testing, DJ05 is brand new.

JT said the changes were in the lib files, I'm no programmer - do you know if I can cut/paste the new lib file into D101? Or am I asking for a brick?

a few irc guys have had DJ05 for going on 18 hours or so and still report great results.

id say trying to merge with DI01 is asking for trouble. if it was that easy jt would have done it :)

Upvote 0
Wait, can I apply this update if:

--I'm rooted and on stock ROM
--I've applied Voodoo v0.2 lagfix
--I've removed a few Verizon apps (though I can't recall now which ones)

?

The GPS is KILLING me.

All that you did does make the phone snappy but to fix the GPS you need to apply the DJ05 update, this will fix the GPS, which now will acquire your signal instantly if not in a matter of seconds.

Upvote 0
Wait, can I apply this update if:

--I'm rooted and on stock ROM
--I've applied Voodoo v0.2 lagfix
--I've removed a few Verizon apps (though I can't recall now which ones)

?

The GPS is KILLING me.

Yes to fix GPS u need the dj05 update and radio flash only available in irc. The radio cannot b rolled back and you'll need to ditch voodoo as dj05 has new kernels. I mean u can keep old voodoo but u will loose haptic feedback running an old kernel.

And new voodoo is due any day now anyway and I'm pretty sure jt will only release it for dj05 kernels.....I doubt he d support two sets of kernels like that when most of the root community is on dj05 anyway

Upvote 0
Yes to fix GPS u need the dj05 update and radio flash only available in irc. The radio cannot b rolled back and you'll need to ditch voodoo as dj05 has new kernels. I mean u can keep old voodoo but u will loose haptic feedback running an old kernel.

And new voodoo is due any day now anyway and I'm pretty sure jt will only release it for dj05 kernels.....I doubt he d support two sets of kernels like that when most of the root community is on dj05 anyway

Thanks. What I meant was, do I have to do anything special like undo the Voodoo kernel or anything else?

Do I have to wipe for this update?

Also, I removed some Verizon apps. I've read that the OTA might not run on phones whose core apps have been removed, hence the advent of "whitelisted" apps that are safe to remove.

Is that the case with the DJ05 update?

And are there instructions at XDA or on IRC to install it? (I assume just installing a zip file through CWM)

Upvote 0
Thanks. What I meant was, do I have to do anything special like undo the Voodoo kernel or anything else?

Do I have to wipe for this update?

Also, I removed some Verizon apps. I've read that the OTA might not run on phones whose core apps have been removed, hence the advent of "whitelisted" apps that are safe to remove.

Is that the case with the DJ05 update?

And are there instructions at XDA or on IRC to install it? (I assume just installing a zip file through CWM)

since the install does not involve an ota (its a leak) you dont need to be restored to stock, but you do need clockwork recovery.

there is a separate radio file that must be pushed in odin3 (and you cant roll back to the old one, so the chance exists verizon could screw us over, but its a chance you take)

then you need a DJ05 rom that you flash in cwr.

you have to get both in irc :)

Upvote 0
Hmm. How do you install it if you are still stock D101? I'm thinking rename the old apk file, then pasting this new apk into the system GPS folder? Is that all? Looks like everyone who installed it had rooted, new roms, CWM, etc. which I don't, so I'm a little hesitant here.

Actually, running the older equivalent file (GPSsetup) on my stock phone then turning on GPS and then Nav. gives about the same results for me that they are reporting anyway.
Does the new '05 file just run automatically instead of manually each time you go into a Nav app or toggle on GPS?

Upvote 0
What did the article say...I forgot....:thinking:
I think it said I forgot where I left my GPS device.

Hey, I tried "Find My Car" app today. It showed a satellite photo of the parking lot and of my car in it! I know it was taken sometime just before I went back to the car cause I was the only car in the lot when I parked and had the app mark the spot. Now there were lots of cars showing up. There was pic of my car right between the black suv and the red pickup that were still there. A little checkered flag marked the spot and a little blue trail ran from where I was over to the car. Wow! Of course all the car pics looked like the cars had been flattened by a walk-through by Godzilla but the app really works quite well. Took about 10 seconds to turn on GPS and get a fix.
Pardon the maybe OT but it is "All things GPS" isn't it?

Upvote 0
I have tried all the above to fix my SF GPS and to no avail I still have yet to get a lock, is there any hope or shall I pack it up ?

the DJ05 leak that many of us in the root crowd are running completely fixes our gps. i *believe* its due to finish testing according to NXT on the 29th and the OTA can start soon after hopefully for the non-rooters :)

Upvote 0
there is hope but maybe not before your 30 days. I was on the freeway today and locked in under a min. with great directions. mine is good without 2.2, I expect great after 2.2 but there is no assurance you will improve. If it does not work you may have some recourse under warranty but confirm that with a vzw supervisor and get their name.

Upvote 0
there is hope but maybe not before your 30 days. I was on the freeway today and locked in under a min. with great directions. mine is good without 2.2, I expect great after 2.2 but there is no assurance you will improve. If it does not work you may have some recourse under warranty but confirm that with a vzw supervisor and get their name.

unless they roll the DJ05 update into 2.2, then gps fix should come before then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones