• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All Things Netflix

So I've been using "IMDb Ratings for Netflix" for a while and always worked great, but lately it's been a little wonky. Sometimes it can't find the movie/show on imdb or it matches the movie/show to the wrong imdb listing.

I like this extension because it's tiny and doesn't have a bunch of features I don't need.

Here's the chrome browser extension if you want to look at it:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/imdb-ratings-for-netflix/dnbpnlalaijjbogmjbpdkdcohoibjcmp

My question is, has anyone tried another extension that may be more accurate?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yeah OA is great. It's a bit weird the first season, but they bring everything that happened in the first season together nicely in the second season.

its kind of like a combination of Stranger Things and Sense 8.
That sounds good since I really liked Sense 8, though could've done without some of the sex scenes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I have these in my watch list which I have not seen. Have you guys seen these and what do you think of the ones you've seen.
  • Bates Motel
  • The Sinner
  • The Last Kingdom (pretty sure I'll like this)
  • Shooter
  • Godless
  • The Fall
  • Black Sails
  • Retribution (meh not sure about this one)
  • Sherlock (Robert Downey made me hate Sherlock Holmes :p so not sure about this one)
  • The OA

Upvote 0
on that list the OA is tops, but The Sinner is good. the Last Kingdom was ok. If you like that time period movie, I really recommend the Outlaw King. It takes place right after Braveheart ended. Its about how Robert the Bruce became the Scots greatest hero, even though in Braveheart he was sort of an ass. I think this is a much closer representation of how the Scots won there freedom from England......check it out

Shooter is another good one on that list.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
Thank you I forgot about Altered Carbon. Joel Kinnaman from that series was also in "The Killing" which I really enjoyed (on netflix). It concluded, so perfect for binge watching.

I saw Outlaw King and thought it was good.

Black Mirror is also in my list, but forget to mention it in my previous post. So I'll be starting one of these shows in my list next week.

Side Note:
I'm thrilled that Netflix is improving now that they have a sense of urgency since they are finally getting some real competition (Disney Plus). Disney has more content than any other company.

Upvote 0
Thank you I forgot about Altered Carbon. Joel Kinnaman from that series was also in 'The Killing' which I really enjoyed (on netflix). It concluded, so perfect for binge watching.

I saw Outlaw King and thought it was good.

Black Mirror is also in my list, but forget to mention it in my previous post. So I'll be starting one of these shows in my list next week.

Side Note:
I'm thrilled that Netflix is improving now that they have a sense of urgency since they are finally getting some real competition (Disney Plus). Disney has more content than any other company.

Yeah I love Joel Kinnaman he's a great actor. It's why I'm gonna start to watch Hanna on Prime (unfortunately).

Yeah they are investing a lot of money to make great content that's for sure.

I'm kind of sad that they canceled all of the Marvel series they had going. I really liked them all including Iron Fist which it seems everyone hated.

Last edited:
Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
After they added Dancing Queens, I immediately cancelled my netflix sub. Original 'material' like that, I don't care to support, and won't. No wonder so many are confused about their identity... when shows like this exist, its no mystery as to why. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe 'to each their own'... but showing little boys in full drag?! Ughs!!!

Reactions: michealmickel059
Upvote 0
Is Netflix in trouble?
Well we all know There's gonna be some new streaming competition. Most notably Disney, which is the largest content holder. It doesn't help that netflix is in the habit of canceling shows(recently canceled the OA). Glad I didn't watch the OA as it would've been a waste of time. :mad:

In Q2 reports it's revealed that netflix lost 126k subscribers in the US. :eek:

Shots fired?
Disney recently announced their pricing. It will be the same as netflix, $12.99. Now here's the kicker... For $12.99 you will get 3 services: Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. :eek:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterc...-12-99-shot-across-netflixs-bow/#5c124b404c78

Thoughts...
As consumers we will clearly gain from this in the immediate future. Once things settle down and the competitors know where they stand and are in their rightful lanes, prices will most likely go up.

Chime in if you'd like. ;)

Upvote 0
So I have these in my watch list which I have not seen. Have you guys seen these and what do you think of the ones you've seen.
  • Bates Motel
  • The Sinner
  • The Last Kingdom (pretty sure I'll like this)
  • Shooter
  • Godless
  • The Fall
  • Black Sails
  • Retribution (meh not sure about this one)
  • Sherlock (Robert Downey made me hate Sherlock Holmes :p so not sure about this one)
  • The OA

Add Money Heist to your list, it's a must see, it's dubbed in English but it's a great show

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
just finished Minndhunter season 2.........i sure hope they keep this one going cuz it is brilliant. it is about the initial years where fbi starts to learn about profiling to catch serial killers. they initially started to do this by interviewing serial killers that have been caught. they interviewed people (if you want to call them that) like Ed Kemper and Manson among others.

it is such a great show.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones