• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All Things Star Wars

Baby Yoda apps :)

Screenshot_2020-06-16-16-20-47.png

Upvote 0
i wonder how much of that has already been spent?

1.36 APY of 4 Billion = $54,000,000

I suppose if he cuts coupons and budget's his money to a meager 4.5 Million a month, theoretically he could live off the interest alone. You know give up Bijan, Armony, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's and shop at the Thrift Stores instead. :)

Upvote 0
1.36 APY of 4 Billion = $54,000,000

I suppose if he cuts coupons and budget's his money to a meager 4.5 Million a month, theoretically he could live off the interest alone. You know give up Bijan, Armony, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's and shop at the Thrift Stores instead. :)
OMFG!!!!!!
that comment just costed you a shot of bourbon for me. here i am just about to sit down with my glass and lit cigar looking to chill....and you had to post that hilarious comment. i read it just when i took a nice mouthful of some good bourbon and had to spit it out....thanx to you:mad::mad::mad:

:maddroid::goofydroid::maddroid::goofydroid:

Upvote 0
OMFG!!!!!!
that comment just costed you a shot of bourbon for me. here i am just about to sit down with my glass and lit cigar looking to chill....and you had to post that hilarious comment. i read it just when i took a nice mouthful of some good bourbon and had to spit it out....thanx to you:mad::mad::mad:

:maddroid::goofydroid::maddroid::goofydroid:

lmfao, hahahehe, Im glad I put a smile on your face but sorry about the loss of good bourbon :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
right now I'm on the last season of Rebels and it's gonna tie in nicely when I rewatch the first season of the Mandalorian..... as season 2 is right around the corner.

It really gives some good background of who the Mandalorians were before the fall of the Empire.

I just couldn't do Rebels. And I really wanted to, especially once they made Thrawn canon. Hands down one of my favorite all time star wars characters, regardless of books or not.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I just couldn't do Rebels. And I really wanted to, especially once they made Thrawn canon. Hands down one of my favorite all time star wars characters, regardless of books or not.
its pretty darn good. i saw a couple of youtubers who think that the main character Ezra Bridger might be the strongest Jedi ever. I do not know about that, but he has some pretty strong abilities that is pretty impressive. but you get some really good back stories of characters like Sabine who is a Mandalorian. Ashoka makes a few appearances in the first season. Also it explains what happens to Darth Maul.

there are rumors of a Ezra and Sabine spinoff series. and i heard of a possibility of Sabine showing in the Mandalorian season 2.

now i have not read any of the star wars books. but i really want to, just do not know where to start. i heard that when disney took over the franchise that most of the books currently out at that time are now all obsolete....and the new ones are to be written as cannon.

Upvote 0
its pretty darn good. i saw a couple of youtubers who think that the main character Ezra Bridger might be the strongest Jedi ever. I do not know about that, but he has some pretty strong abilities that is pretty impressive. but you get some really good back stories of characters like Sabine who is a Mandalorian. Ashoka makes a few appearances in the first season. Also it explains what happens to Darth Maul.

there are rumors of a Ezra and Sabine spinoff series. and i heard of a possibility of Sabine showing in the Mandalorian season 2.

now i have not read any of the star wars books. but i really want to, just do not know where to start. i heard that when disney took over the franchise that most of the books currently out at that time are now all obsolete....and the new ones are to be written as cannon.

I hate how every new thing that comes out the main character is the 'strongest jedi ever'. Books are guilty of this too (and the games).

And ther books were never *truly* canon, but yes, once Disney got there hands on iyt the books were officially non-canon. Called Legends now.

*But* some REALLY good stuff. The first books, the ones that started a resurgence in Star Wars in the 90's, is the Thrawn Trilogy, written by Timothy Zahn. Considered the best books in the SW universe. He created the characters of Mara Jade, Thrawn, and SOOO many more. He also gave Coruscant it's name. Lucas liked it so much he used that in prequels.

If it were me, I'd read all the Timothy Zahn books. Of course, there is a new Thrawn trilogy now that Thrawn is canon. And it is also canon. Truly excellent. I have around 300 SW books on the shelf behind me, lol

Upvote 0
Damn that's a nice library you got going there.

Ok I'll start with Thrawn.

I must say for a villain in Rebels, I like him. He is very sophisticated and intelligent.

He's probably the best character that came from EU. Zahn books are all excellent though. Luke's wife has some great adventures while she was an imperial, he has some stuff with Han and Lando, etc.

Upvote 0
He's probably the best character that came from EU. Zahn books are all excellent though. Luke's wife has some great adventures while she was an imperial, he has some stuff with Han and Lando, etc.
but those are the legends books.....yes?

have you read the new books yet?

edit: i really want to read Ahsoka which i believe is one of the newer books, especially after seeing her in season 7 of the Clone Wars and in Rebels's season 2 finale.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
but those are the legends books.....yes?

have you read the new books yet?

edit: i really want to read Ahsoka which i believe is one of the newer books, especially after seeing her in season 7 of the Clone Wars and in Rebels's season 2 finale.

So the new Thrawn books by Zahn are canon, but all the others are "legends". Still great reads though. Asoka book would be cool, her arc seemed pretty intense.

Upvote 0
So the new Thrawn books by Zahn are canon, but all the others are "legends". Still great reads though. Asoka book would be cool, her arc seemed pretty intense.
new books by zahn...got it. he also wrote some books on thrawn that are now considered legends? yes? sorry this whole thing that disney did gets confusing.

Upvote 0
ok well i just finished watch Rebels and now i really want to read these new Thrawn books. i am really curious if it picks up after Rebels or not. and then after the trilogy, i really want to read Ahsoka because the ending of Rebels really leaves more questions. not sure if it will pickup after the show or not. I know there is talks and rumors about side shows with some of the Rebels cast.

i just purchased the new Thrawn trilogy on amazon....did not read the descriptions. gonna start it cold turkey. should be here in a few days.

Upvote 0
new books by zahn...got it. he also wrote some books on thrawn that are now considered legends? yes? sorry this whole thing that disney did gets confusing.

ok well i just finished watch Rebels and now i really want to read these new Thrawn books. i am really curious if it picks up after Rebels or not. and then after the trilogy, i really want to read Ahsoka because the ending of Rebels really leaves more questions. not sure if it will pickup after the show or not. I know there is talks and rumors about side shows with some of the Rebels cast.

i just purchased the new Thrawn trilogy on amazon....did not read the descriptions. gonna start it cold turkey. should be here in a few days.

You wont regret it! But yes, there are a bunch of Zahn books (thrawn and otherwise) that are legends now. But the new trilogy is canon. ANd first book is more his beginnings, 2nd one happens after things that happened in Rebels (they reference some things) and it is a Vadar & Thrawn story.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones