• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All Things Star Wars

Can't expand the pic, opening weekend at Chinese theater or something?
It was in a 1970s movie I watched the other day. I'd never heard of it, Hardcore, though its cast included George C Scott as the lead. I only recorded it to see LA in the late '70s. This shot, from his hotel room overlooking Hollywood Blvd and Grauman's Chinese, immediately made me think of this thread. :)

Upvote 0
Same here, even though never visited down there, it sounds just like an essentual staple.
I've walked or driven by it hundreds of times.

When I was a teenager, hanging out and then living in Hollywood, walking along Hollywood [and Sunset] Blvd was just part of a normal day. At some point, I know I looked for various favorites' prints at Grauman's, and I remember my daughter and her best friend doing that on one visit home, but it's been years.

I highly recommend visitors do it, though, and also walk along and note the names on the Walk of Fame. It's fun when you find one for a childhood idol, and snap pictures of it. There are guides to tell you where each star is located, but I prefer the 'just pick a block and start walking' method myself.

Upvote 0
This isn't going to appeal to some people but there's an ASCII version of the original Star Wars movie (heavily abridged, and incomplete; no audio of course, just plain text). Using a terminal prompt type in:

telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

I've had mixed results on two different phones -- One worked out OK, the other not so much. It doesn't scale very well so a larger screen works out better. No problems using a desktop or a laptop (Linux, Mac, or Windows).

http://www.blinkenlights.nl/thereg/

Upvote 0
This isn't going to appeal to some people but there's an ASCII version of the original Star Wars movie (heavily abridged, and incomplete; no audio of course, just plain text). Using a terminal prompt type in:

telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

I've had mixed results on two different phones -- One worked out OK, the other not so much. It doesn't scale very well so a larger screen works out better. No problems using a desktop or a laptop (Linux, Mac, or Windows).

http://www.blinkenlights.nl/thereg/
wow!!!!!! that is freakin cool. too bad it was never completely finished.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
OMG!!!!!!!!

just got caught up with the Mandalorian season 2. and episode 5 debuted Ahsoka Tano in live action for the first time!!!!! she is played by Rosario Dawson and she looked amazing!!!!!

Ahsoka, if you are not familiar with, she is the character from Star Wars: the Clone Wars series as well as star Wars Rebels.

here watch this video about Ahsoka's story:

Upvote 0
OMG!!!!!!!!

just got caught up with the Mandalorian season 2. and episode 5 debuted Ahsoka Tano in live action for the first time!!!!! she is played by Rosario Dawson and she looked amazing!!!!!

Ahsoka, if you are not familiar with, she is the character from Star Wars: the Clone Wars series as well as star Wars Rebels.

I am familiar with her face, thanks for the name of Ahsoka :)

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
OMG!!!!!!!!

Totally epic. This was the live action Jedi action we needed.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i have read that there is some backlash with Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka because she of a lawsuit(s) against her and her family that are based on Trans bias. most have been dropped and i think the backlash is uncalled for until the truth comes out in court.

this is an interesting articly from Vanity Fair:
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...son-dave-filoni-mandalorian-ahsoka-tano-grogu

Read that too, interesting, and obviously we are a society needs to stop vilifying people until things are a bit more clear.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones