1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

All touches on screen lead to the home button

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FreakenEkan, Jan 12, 2011.

1. FreakenEkan

FreakenEkan Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2011
    My friend has an Android Apad (I think) Eken M003 with version 1.6 installed.

He went to do a reset or something and now it's not responsive. It boots up fine and gets to the desktop fine, but all touches on the touch screen (no matter where) simply highlight the home icon.

But it does not open the menu or anything.

I was wondering if:
    1/ There is a way to reset to the factory settings by using inserting a pin into a hole (as seen on modems) OR
    2/ There is a way to reinstall the software by hooking it up to a PC and saving files over the top of the folder there

You will have to forgive me. I have never seen or used one of these but having some IT knowledge means that I have been called on to help.

I might come across as a bit noobish so please be patient with me. I also dont want to come across as one of those people that only ask for help and never give it. Granted this is my first post but I have given a lot of help on different forums in areas of my expertise :)

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums, FreakenEkan.

That is quite a strange issue you're reporting. First off, let me advise you (and the owner of the device) to keep pins and any other sharp objects out of any of the holes/ports.

I have to say that, if it were mine with that behavior, I would not hesitate to take the unit back to the point of purchase for repair by a tech or for replacement.