1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Alliance ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blobq, Jun 24, 2013.

1. blobq

blobq Member

hello

has anyone been using the Alliance ROM? looks pretty good, just want to know:

A. Is battery life any good

B. Is the bloatware removed

C. Will i need to install a kernal as well

Im looking to upgrade from GB, using old siyah rom.

ta.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Calvo1

Calvo1 Android Enthusiast

Hello mate,

Alliance Rom, is a fantastic Rom with a fantastic Developer

If you are installing it then I would definitely install a standard Jelly Bean Official Stock Rom first, Root it and then Flash Aliance

A. Battery Life is what you make it really. Standard settings will get you a full days use and roughly 4-5 hours screen on time, but there are many tweaks that you can make to extend that, (Not the screen on time as much to be honest, the most Ive seen is between 6 and 7 Hours)

B. Some Bloatware is removed but if i remember rightly there are some Samsung Stock apps on there, simply download Titanium Back and remove them using this.

C,. Alliance comes with a kernel called Ficetos TWRP, you can flash another one after this, may I suggest Philz latest Kernel or Apolo 4.7 which users report better battery life with

One word of advice mate, Im not sure how Technologically advanced you are and I see that you are coming from Gingerbread so I would advise playing around with the stock Jelly Bean Rom first and then delving into the world of Alliance, the rom is so good and many changes can be made, but I would reccomend some experience with Jelly Bean First

Thanks

Calvo

>--:eek:

3. blobq

blobq Member

thanks for that, i may download the offical JB firmware first and play aroubnd with that for about a month, then maybe go with Alliance or neat rom.

Calvo1 likes this.
  4. Calvo1

I would recommend flashing Neat Rom Its basically stock with a few tweaks. Alliance is a stock rom with AOSP tools...

Happy flashing

>

5. blobq

blobq Member

If i go with NEAT rom, do i just flash this ROM? do i need a kernal & modem or is that all bundled into the ROM? Been ages since ive done this.

Are there different version of neat? what is the best & stable version yu can recommend me & where can i download it from.

many thanks

6. avushkaa

avushkaa Member

Hi blobq,

if u want to flash NeatROM then u should first flash stock Jelly Bean -> root -> full wipe -> flash NeatROM.

take nandroid backup, titanium backup, /efs backup before flashing NeatROM.

kernel and modem r built in with ROM, they get installed with ROM automatically. u can change ur kernel and modem later if u want.

NeatROM Lite LSW v4.8 is the current one. it is very stable and also battery friendly.

Have a look here :
    NeatROM Thread

Dev-Host Site for NeatROM Download

7. Calvo1

Check out Hawkers Neat Rom thread on here... Download Neat Xxlsw.. Kernel and modem included

It is recommended to flash stock jelly bean first...

>

8. blobq

blobq Member

thanks for the info, so if i want stock JB first, i can install this from Ironass official JB links?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews