1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Allow app to continue running, when returning to home screen

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Qaesyn, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Qaesyn

Qaesyn Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Male
    This is a bit complicated, but I will try to explain succinctly.
    I upgraded to a new phone (LG G Stylo) (running Android ver 5.0.2)

I enjoy playing "Marvel:puzzle Quest" on my device, however here is my issue.

If I leave the game by returning to the home page, or interrupt to answer a text message, the game automatically restarts when I return to it.

My old phone did not do that, and allowed the game to essentially pause while I did any number of other actions on my phone, and when i returned to it, I could unpause and continue exactly where I left off.

I am hoping this is an Android Setting, and not related to the actual hardware of the phone itself...

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank You

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Hey @Qaesyn, welcome to our AndroidForums :).

I'm guessing what you're seeing is pretty-much standard Android behavior.

Whatever apps you're launching or whatever else you have going on / running in the background--including the game that you were playing--probably are causing / necessitating that one (or more) of the background apps (that now include the game that you were playing) be killed so that the new apps have enough system resources to operate.

I'm guessing that your old phone had a different makeup/mix of apps and/or whatever apps you invoked did not happen to warrant killing the game that you had running.

Normally, I would have told you that the game is not saving it's run state when it's killed and then properly resuming that last known state upon resumption--and that indeed might still be the case and you were just lucky enough on your old device not to run into this behavior.

There is a developer option (Settings -> Developer options -> Background process limit) that might help you--but I can't be sure--try setting it to 4 processes and see if that helps.

Cheers!

Qaesyn, Lordvincent 90 and The_Chief like this.
  3. Qaesyn

Qaesyn Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Male
    thanks for your thoughtful reply. I did as you advised, but no luck.
    I was afraid that perhaps my old Nexus phone was built differently, and regrettably, this seems to be the situation. Too bad. I had a feature that I loved, without realizing that is was special/unusual.
    cheers

scary alien likes this.