1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support AllShare on Galaxy Tab 3, 7.0 ... NADA!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GMANCRX, Dec 3, 2013.

1. GMANCRX

GMANCRX New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I acquired a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 7.0 (Sprint) because my Galaxy Appeal (cellphone) had a really cool App called AllShare. However, the Appeal was terrible at streaming video to my DVD player which also has the AllShare capability (Samsung BD-E5400). The video would stutter and pause for 1 minute just to buffer. I assumed the Galaxy Tab 3, 7.0 would work much better! First thing I did was go to Google play to get AllShare, and it says that App is NOT compatible with my TAB?! :mad: Whaaaa?! :thinking:
    Anyone know of an alternative to AllShare for my Tab and DVD player??

Advertisement

2. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Male
    Mobile Electronics Repair Technician
    Nashotah, WI
    Yeah, sadly the tab 3 - 7" lacks allot of the features that are in the S3, S4, Tab 10, note, etc.

No "Mirror mode" either. WTF???

I could not get the tab 3 to work with an MHL-HDMI adapter, or the Official Samsung All Share Hub.
    When I returned them to Best Buy, they made me talk to their Samsung kiosk Sales Rep first, because they assumed I did not know how to use it, and after some research, the Samsung Rep said, " oh, yeah... I guess the Tab 3 does not support that feature"
    30 min. later they finally gave me a refund.

I like the tab, and it was a great price ( $49.99 @ Srpint ) But I would never pay retail price.

I originally bought the Note 8.0, then took it back when I saw how cheap the LTE Tab 3 was, and I have regretted it every day. I've had it a month now and have only used 25mb of my 2gig LTE plan. ( and honestly, I believe that was from the sales rep at Sprint setting up the tablet for me )

Live and learn?

3. GMANCRX

GMANCRX New Member

Dec 3, 2013