1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Alltel is switching me to ATT, got Aria, will not be activated for a while, can I use Wifi?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geeker, Feb 20, 2011.

1. geeker

geeker Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Apparently I cannot register at the Android Market because my phone is not activated yet. This might not happen until April, or whenever they change our network from CDMA to GSM.

Can I do anything with this phone besides enter contacts? I'd like to load it with apps and get to know it before it's actually activated if at all possible. It was connected to my home WiFi but I cannot open internet.

Do I just have to let it sit until April? That would be no fun.

Advertisement

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Something is wrong with this statement.

Your phone should work fine on Wifi even without a SIM card, unless AT&T has installed something to block you from using the phone without one.

I have an unlocked phone, and I have used it on AT&T and also without a SIM card with no problems.

3. upwardrefguy

upwardrefguy Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Dude im in the exact same situation, with the exception of my phone working great! Do you have a gmail account? You will need one to set up your phone, and one more thing make sure you upgrade your phone to the 2.2 os before you start loading all your apps and what not on your phone.

Tags: