• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Allwinner A13 tablet saying Demo in bottom corner

Jsr241185

Lurker
Jun 23, 2013
Hi All

I have tried doing a search of this but didn't have any luck, as above I have an Allwinner tablet that constantly has the word demo in the bottom left hand corner in red. It doesn't seem to affect the operation of the device but I just wondered if any one could let me know why it was there and how to remove it if possible? Also does this indicate the the android firmware is a trial of some sort? is this something that is going to expire?

It's Android 4.1.1 if that helps

Thanks in advanced

Hi All

I have tried doing a search of this but didn't have any luck, as above I have an Allwinner tablet that constantly has the word demo in the bottom left hand corner in red. It doesn't seem to affect the operation of the device but I just wondered if any one could let me know why it was there and how to remove it if possible? Also does this indicate the the android firmware is a trial of some sort? is this something that is going to expire?

Thanks in advanced

not particular with the device in question but I can tell you that your android is not going to expire. It seems to me that it's something to do with the device. Maybe it was a demo model for the store you bought it from and was not meant for public sale. You could try doing a factory reset and see if that removes the "demo" from the device if it doesnt then its hard wired in there and probably wasn't meant for sale. You could also take it back to the store you bought it from and ask them if they could exchange it for another model that isn't a demo model.

Upvote 0
Hi All

Thanks in advanced

Did you buy it directly from China(Shenzhen or Hong Kong)? - via Ebay, Ali Express, wholesaler, etc.? I'm thinking you might have got a manufacturer's sample, reference or promotion device, and the "demo" watermark/thing is hard coded into the device's ROM. Probably would be best to send it back for a refund or replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones