• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ally users who wants to help me out

jznomoney

Aug 31, 2010
I am using an at&t htc aria. But I am trying to help with issues you are having with the ally port to cm6. I downloaded this rom http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/146838-rooted-lite-custom-rom-ally.html so far I have just built a new kernel with a patchset for 2.6.29.6. If someone could try it out for me and report back your findings it would be great. I need to know first if it boots and a logcat of the boot. To do a logcat just run adb logcat >pathtofile and post it to pastebin.com and reply with the link to the pastebin.

signed_083110_121024.zip

Reactions: SuperMerg
hmmm I didn't change that file. I'll upload the kernel and the wireless driver. You can use this utility to repack the rom from ubuntu [KITCHEN][AUGUST 29 '10] HTC Android Kitchen, v0.88 [Linux / Mac / Windows] - xda-developers

Repack the rom from here http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/146838-rooted-lite-custom-rom-ally.html

You need to use the option to extract boot files and replace the kernel in there with the one from my zip and the wireless.ko goes in the current working folder under system/lib/modules

ally kernel.zip

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Alright, sorry for the taking so long to reply, I re flashed my other rom and had to put this one back on to get the info for you.

$ su
su
# cat /proc/version
cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.29.6 (jznomoney@jimmm) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT T
ue Aug 31 11:48:19 EDT 2010
#

Wifi does work, as does the phone and every other feature I tried. I didn't do an extensive test of it, though it seems stable.

Upvote 0

Still goes into fastboot. I'm not sure what commands need to be run through fastboot, or if this is just an error, or if I repacked the ROM improperly. I try to boot the .img file you send me (after flashing the phone and hitting the fastboot mode screen) and I get a kernel panic (which I understand). I don't get why I'm getting the fastboot screen at all, though.

Upvote 0
Yeah drellisdee has a Kernel that can flash Froyo ROM and do a Froyo backup. It also has app2sd support and kernel tether, I'm testing it now, well not testing anymore its more of using it now, you guys will love it when it hits with ROM's. Enough said make sure to check ROM section daily =).

I caught it before it was pulled down. Works fine for me, although I'm just using on that ultra light ROM (which ain't all that light at all). Works absolutely fine. So does the recovery image, although I'm not entirely sure how one can know if it'll do froyo flashes until we have a froyo ROM to flash. :p

Upvote 0
I caught it before it was pulled down. Works fine for me, although I'm just using on that ultra light ROM (which ain't all that light at all). Works absolutely fine. So does the recovery image, although I'm not entirely sure how one can know if it'll do froyo flashes until we have a froyo ROM to flash. :p

Look at backup, it has 4 backup options, the first 2 are Froyo.

Upvote 0
The kernels Ive made are .29 not .32 for froyo. Ive been unsuccessful at getting froyo to boot with .29 kernel with an aosp image I built and trying droid ports. It may not be the kernel but more likely the froyo build. Also the 1.2.1 recovery enables backup of android secure for froyo but any of mine can flash a froyo zip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones