• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ally will not start recovery, stuck at fastboot screen

Okay, I am running Velocity 1.0 on my LG ally and when I try to enter recovery, it goes to the blue Fastboot screen and then stops. I have to pull the battery to reboot normally. I use Rom manager to flash the recoveries and have flashed both clockwork mod and ra-gnm so many times it is crazy, but still the same problem. I have fixed file permissions, as suggested by someone else, but still...nothing. I am kind of new to this and am really begging for a simple, well explained way to fix this problem. Please help me.

Okay, I am running Velocity 1.0 on my LG ally and when I try to enter recovery, it goes to the blue Fastboot screen and then stops. I have to pull the battery to reboot normally. I use Rom manager to flash the recoveries and have flashed both clockwork mod and ra-gnm so many times it is crazy, but still the same problem. I have fixed file permissions, as suggested by someone else, but still...nothing. I am kind of new to this and am really begging for a simple, well explained way to fix this problem. Please help me.

When the phone is in fastboot you can manually flash the recovery. If you rooted with SOC then there is a file you need to remove to get it to stick (i dont know what or where it is) you can find guides flashing with fastboot. Not a complicated process at all. Just tedious the first time if you dont already have it set up

Upvote 0
My suggestion would be to boot normally, and flash Velocity 1.1 through terminal emulator. It automatically flashes AmonRa. Then just uninstall Rom Manager and never touch Clockwork recovery again
Okay, I thought I knew how to use terminal emulator, but when I try to flash velocity using it, I keep getting no space left on device. I think I am typing the commands wrong. I have velocity 1.1.zip in the root of the sd card. Can you please tell me what to type in terminal emulator so I can get this done. This is driving me crazy. I have spent probably 40 hours reading forums and tried all kinds of stuff, but nothing seems to work. Thank you all in advance.

Upvote 0
Another option may be to check out this thread, in which Dots is currently helping a member with a non-rooted stock 2.2.1 Ally get Recovery back (he can't even run Terminal right now). Look toward the end of page 1 and then read on into page 2. The last post as of this writing was around 3AM this morning. They were setting up to do ADB (on a Linux notebook). If you have used ADB I would think once it is running the commands typed in would be pretty much the same even in Windows. Might be helpful.

I am not familiar enough with Terminal to help you here. I can run it OK if I have a clear set of instructions, otherwise I would also need the help you seek.

http://androidforums.com/lg-ally/335893-lg-ally-badly-f-up-new-post.html

Reactions: bohica1147
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones