• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Almost a week!

Hello!

I got my Droid X on Wednesday, December 29, 2010, as a Christmas gift from my parents.

I had a Blackberry Curve, which I loved very much. Unfortunately, there was a glitch in which the CAPS key was malfunctioning (only the left one), and my messages StaRTeD tO LoOk lIkE thiS. It was completely random, and when the function was stuck on, I couldn't do ANYTHING with the phone - if I tried to dial a number, I would get letters. I'm one of those people who, when something goes wrong with a phone, I just replace it. Luckily, I was due for a mid-contract renewal with Verizon, so I -- err, they -- didn't have to pay THAT much for it.

Initially, I had gone to get the Droid X, but didn't want to pay the $290 at the time for the upgrade, so I purchased the LG Vortex. What a mistake that was!! I know that it has the Droid OS, but it was slow, hung up on me, and the phone itself was just a piece of garbage - in my opinion. I couldn't use the keyboard -- too small. So, when my parents heard that I hated the phone -- I strategically placed a bug in my brother's ear -- they offered to pay the difference for the Droid X.

Soooooo, I love the phone and have already gotten help from the forums - thank you to those who contributed to my dumb questions!! :cool: I look forward to using the forums for help with the software, and not technical glitches that all software-driven devices tend to have.

I have now officially been able to transfer music on to the phone using the sync feature, without getting all 300 pictures on it, too. It took about 3 times for me to figure out how to set that up in Windows Media Player. So, now I have my music for going to the gym - my new year's resolution, which I WILL keep because I PAID for it. That's my motivation. (I hate iPods for some reason.)

Have a great day, and thank you for listening!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones