• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Almost ALL (If Not...ALL) Apps work on the HTC Wildfire

Jerry786

Jul 28, 2010
Hi all, I thought i would make this thread as i have read many people complaining that many apps (Such as lookout Antivirus) are not compatible for the HTC Wildfire. Now this is completely False

Applications such as
LOOKOUT ANTI VIRUS do work with the wildfire. Most apps may not be available via the Marketplace so you have to download an application called 'APPBRAIN' and 'FAST WEB INSTALLER' (Basically an add on to enable downloading apps via your HTC browser). By installing Appbrain you can download apps which are not available via the marketplace. To install both apps, simply search for them via the marketplace.

Once you are done installing, You can go to Appbrain.com via your computer and log in with your Google mail account and install apps. When you click install, it will send the apps to your phone and will automatically download and install.

The other alternative is to log into appbrain via your HTC wildfire browser and install apps directly to your phone. (DO NOT TRY AND INSTALL APPS VIA THE APPBRAIN APPLICATION ON YOUR HTC BECAUSE IT WILL SIMPLY NOT WORK) Its as simple as that.

Before i purchased my phone i browsed through these forums and a lot of people were claiming apps would not work with the wildfire due to the low res screen, This did put me off a little but i went for it anyway

I have downloaded Lookout Antivirus and it works flawlessly. I have downloaded other applications and they all work.

So people...please do not post messages saying such and such apps do not work on the wildfire.. when they clearly do! It nearly put me off from purchasing this magnificent phone and i would imagine others too

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones