1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Almost all that I craved...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by trxckster, Jun 2, 2011.

1. trxckster

trxckster Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    But wanted stability before rooting. Right?

Chose the HTC Inspire 4G over the iPhone 3GS (which is what I recommeneded for my spouse) because I like to customize/tweak my cell and the former seemed a richer play pen; however, I haven't done anything beyond install/uninstall various legit apps from the Market....and find that how the Inspire (or Desire HD) operates seems counterintuitive and/or counterproductive. :thinking: Otherwise, I love it.

I'm not expecting perfection out of the box, nor am I a total newbie: have performed non-sanctioned "enhancements" to Boost i290 & i335, LG View (CU920), and some ancient Sony Ericcson basic candybar.

Could code (in Java) if I had to; used to work as a web programmer:thinking: & IT mgr. Always have a couple of SDKs installed for tweaking computers. Home network admin includes old Powerbook (Panther 10.3), Windows 2000, a desktop and laptop w/ XP, Wii, iPod Touch 2nd Gen. Plus, my still loved, and used, Garmin i3600 (Palm v5.2.1). Also, have 2 or 3 Power Macs (<= 8.0), 2 Handspring PDAs, original Xbox to which will return to starting to hack to make it a more useful PC for tween.

Shortly after "we" adults got the new AT&T cells, also made switch from DSL [Speakeasy+Covad, then the uber MegaPath behemoth] to FiOS (w/Actiontec router Rev. F) which I'm still sussing out how to proceed given that for years been running Linksys WRT54GL v1.1 w/some flashed Tomato incarnation).

All of which is to say that I have more than a basic clue as to how my cell works. Beginning to think that perhaps my Inspire is more flakey than it should be -- especially since starting to get SIM card errors, and almost daily soft resets. :eek:

--aet

Advertisement

2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Male
    East Tawas, MI
    Welcome to AF! Maybe rooting may be the next step in your journey towards mods and customizations. Unlock the power of your android and check out your phones subforum for tips tricks and more information about root: HTC Inspire 4G - Android Forums. Good luck and see you around AF!

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome, trxckster!

Hopefully you'll be imparting lots of good knowledge to all of us in the very near future!

Welcome to AndroidForums!

Cheers!