1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Almost bricked!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Indrid Cold, May 24, 2011.

1. Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold Well-Known Member

Well that was weird. I'm doing a restore to a another ROM but as it is rebooting, the phone completely powers off. But now it won't power back on! I tried all the tricks from rooler.com but no luck. With the phone plugged in I could get it to the battery charging screen. Eventually I managed to get to clockwork and wiped the cache, battery stats, and did a system wipe/factory reset. But it would just go right back to the battery charging display screen and do nothing else. (I never could get into the bootloader) It was displaying my battery at 0%. But I KNOW it is at least 60 or 70%.

To make a long story short, changing batteries was all I needed to do to fix the problem. It booted up the OS and everything is just fine. No problem. (thank god!) What causes this to happen? I was wanting to just .sbf when it couldn't power it on. But as I said, could not get into the bootloader....but man! crisis averted.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

same thing happened to me last month. I remember praying, "Oh God, if you get me out of this, I'll never root again!!". It turned out to be the battery. I had a backup and sbf worked. I'm still rooted. :p

3. Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold Well-Known Member

*lol* It is scary huh? Well I'm charging THAT battery now. When it's fully charged I'll be very curious to see if it will still work...and at what percentage will be displayed if it works.

4. MyTjSux

MyTjSux Android Enthusiast

Just signed your own tombstone here....lol

5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

steven is a mod!!!!

6. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

I only ever had to SBF once and I had no issues doing so. That of course being when I flashed my phone to put GB on it. I never had to do it again since because these guys here are great at what they do and if you pay attention and do as they say, you will have no problems.

A lot of DX owners run into issues because they want to mod their phones so badly they rush into it. That's when you get problems. As for the topic, I plan on buying the factory cable from TBH. I don't usually buy "underground" material from the internet but in this case, when I have the money, I want to help support TBH because without them, among others, we wouldn't have Gingerbread right now on our phones.

As the old saying goes, "one hand washes the other". So support them by buying this cable. They keep doing what they do and you have an emergency power source should you need it. It's a win-win scenario.

Indrid Cold likes this.
  7. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

Wow... I wish I only had to SBF once... I've gotten to be an artist at it... especially when I started messing with my own framework mods... I had to SBF a few times when I tried loading up the first Froyo leak and didn't even fully understand what I was doing... you live and you learn.

8. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Look at it this way Jonathan. With me not having to do it, the next time I DO have to i'm gonna forget.....lmao

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews