1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Almost every time I plug it in to charge..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Milo Willamson, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

When I fully shut itself, it keeps on rebooting, any help would be nice.

Brand new moto edge plus.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

like a bootloop? or when you plug it in, it reboots?

MrJavi likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is that with the original Moto charger, or other third-party one? It doesn't sound right, but as the Edge+ is a very recent device and only been out a month or so, suggest you seek warranty service.

ocnbrze, MrJavi and bcrichster like this.
  4. Milo Willamson

Like on my Samsung usb connector usually around with my comp, hate to charge it with the original charger, because it will burn through. Maybe I should charge it with the original charger to see what's the problem.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Milo Willamson

Indeed I just change it to the original wire to plug it in, caught in a bootloop.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

can you get into recovery mode? if so you can try a hard reset. if not, then you might be sol and i would do what @mikedt suggested with a warranty claim

7. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Sounds like a bunk battery at best.
    Is the battery removeable?
    Perhaps it is simply dirty or bent contacts?

8. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I think Motorola quit releasing removable battery style devices like a CPL yrs ago.. haven't had one myself in like 4 yrs.. cuz I ROM'd the crap outta them and enjoyed them longer

9. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

That sucks.
    People should have revolted and refused to accept devices without removeable batteries.

10. Milo Willamson

A least the battery does last a super long time though, I will charge it on whenever it is on.
    I will wait until that becomes like a real issue with my phone down the line, before a warranty claim.
    Thanks everyone.

puppykickr likes this.
  11. Milo Willamson

I actually come into terms of accepting it being like this though, it does not need to be fully shut off though, been sort of testing on the power of having it on pretty much in one case, the morning usually around four hours, and afternoon, I just leave it on for an excellent amount of time, the only draw back is do not stream anything at night :)

Motorola Edge+ Forum

The Motorola Edge+ release date was May 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.7" inch screen, 108MP camera, 12GB RAM, Snapdragon 865 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

May 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs