1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Alpha battery life?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blue218, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Blue218

Blue218 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Anyone heard any word on the estimated battery life of the Alpha? Small battery (1840 mah?) but....lower res screen (which is the same as my Note 2 that is fine) and a more efficient 805 processor? I am seriously considering this phone....I'm not sure I want to go with another Note...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

According to this test the Samsung Galaxy Alpha gets:

13+ hours talk
    8+ hours web
    8+ hours video playback

3. Showme

Showme Newbie
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    Gulf Coast of Texas
    I've had mine for three days now and am amazed how long the battery lasts! Where my Skyrocket was normally showing 30 to 35% at bedtime, this Alpha still has 60% or more, even with me playing with it, trying to tweak it like I want and downloading apps.

4. rhosch

rhosch Lurker
    None

Oct 31, 2014
    I'm fine with the battery life. Coming from a rooted galaxy S2 with pretty efficient ROM, newly replaced battery, half screen brightness, and GPS and Bluetooth usually off... the Alpha is doing better with battery towards the end of the day. This is with near full screen brightness and several tasker profiles that add to battery drain. ATT, stock ROM of course.

That being said, it seems much much better when screen and wifi are off but is no real miser when in use. Occasionally if on the web a couple of hours during the day, I'll recharge before nighttime use (usually plenty of YouTube, Netflix etc). Upside is it charges rather quickly on AC.