• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alpha GB 2.3 aosp

Some @ XDA are saying K9 Mail works great , you may want to give that a try until it becomes more stable

GPS works, Gmail is still in question, but I'm able to delete an email;)

Quadrant scores don't come about but not a big deal and for some reason, I still can't get Wordfeud to work:(

With GPS working and Gmail not crashing on me, I will stick with this for a while

Upvote 0
Some @ XDA are saying K9 Mail works great , you may want to give that a try until it becomes more stable

Not that big of a deal, can send and receive just fine. What I've found out, I don't have as much trouble reading gmail when I press the gmail icon, instead of pulling down the status bar when I receive an email.

Upvote 0
Andygu - There is a reason I DONT run a lot of ROMs. :)

I watch and hope for the best, to be honest for me setting up a new rom is a pita.

I wish there was a simple tool for say - Exporting general system settings, Mail settings etc. I don't think using something Titanium Back up a good idea when swapping roms, that can cause issues on its own.

So I watch and wait :/

-R

Upvote 0
FYI setting up Roms now a days is painless, with TB and Google

I watch and hope for the best, to be honest for me setting up a new rom is a pita.

I wish there was a simple tool for say - Exporting general system settings, Mail settings etc. I don't think using something Titanium Back up a good idea when swapping roms, that can cause issues on its own.

-R

Upvote 0

-R

No worries here, with a lot of different settings, it can be a pain in the ass!

Upvote 0

-R

i agree. my last titanium backup full was fubar from start to finish from fresh to aosp. i found it better (and cleaner) to just reinstall certain apps, and the backup was largely for naught. for that reason, i also don't like to change roms until everything is kosher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones