1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ALPHA] ICS for Optimus M (NOW COMPILED AND BOOTING)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tripdoc79, Nov 21, 2011.

1. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

I wonder if replacing the boot image like I did on the OV ROMS would fix it...

Advertisement

2. zmok3

zmok3 Lurker

Watzsup I tried to use thz allsum os n itz great but I CNT get withit Having up use two fingers everytime I try n do some thing if u have a patch for it or sum thing plz email me. Or write me also I will lik to try ur other worktoo if u dnt mind

3. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Please use English when you are typing. I think you are trying to say that it doesn't work well. If you read the posts above yours, you'll read that this is not working very well at the moment and that there aren't any fixes right now. It is just an alpha.

4. p-bOt

p-bOt Android Expert

Yes...english

5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Translation:
    What's up?? I tried to use this awesome o/s and its great, but I can't get [anywhere] without having to use [these] two fingers every time I try and do something. If you have a patch for it or something please e-mail me or write me. Also I would like to try your other work too, if you don't mind.

Sources: Having friends with bad texting habits.....

6. Zokula

Zokula Newbie

lol thanks!

7. mystifire2

mystifire2 Well-Known Member

Is this a dead project now?

8. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Android Enthusiast

at the moment.. just dont have the time i used to.. all files to compile and continue development are int he op

9. Misleadb4

Misleadb4 Android Enthusiast

+1 Tripdoc i think youve contributed enough towards this project, thanks man. Its time for you to pass the torch to the next one to work on this.

10. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

^^I agree. Good job, and thanks so much for your effort and willingness for getting this to work on our old phones. :)

11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Any luck with you trying to rebuild the boot.img?

12. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

Oh man, I gave up on that a long time ago. xD I'm not good with kernels.. or compiling or anything like that. lol

13. LightShowJerk

LightShowJerk Well-Known Member

I hope Jelly Bean isnt a mess like this

14. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

The only reason this is a "mess", is because this is a port, and like the title says, it's an alpha build. This isn't a fully working build.

15. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

I doubt we're every gonna run jelly bean ever. xD If ICS can just barely run, you can expect that Jelly Bean won't.

16. p-bOt

p-bOt Android Expert

Actually jelly bean might just be easier to run than ICS :D I was reading an article on the new version and google is expected to release a "lite" version of the software specifically geared towards lower end processors and devices that run with little space. I thought that was pretty sweet. I don't know if the "lite" version will be lacking some of the features and capabilities of the full version. But either way is a great idea. Jelly bean seems alot more efficient than previous versions over all from what I've read :D

17. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

That sounds awesome. :D i hope it looks as nice as ICS.

18. B4tnam

B4tnam Well-Known Member

Well first upgrade to 11.10 haha

19. Zokula

Zokula Newbie

I do not think that our hardware would suck for ICS, Its just porting over the drivers and other odds and ends and making sure everything works together is the biggest hassle with porting ICS if I understand correctly. But ICS is still early in its life-cycle and I hope it pans out good for us.

20. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

12.04 beta is already out. but i don't like all of the new releases. All of them are so buggy. 10.04 is by far the most stable. :p

21. Zokula

Zokula Newbie

Blah Ubuntu... Slackware and Arch FTW!!!

22. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

Just because a software runs on a device doesn't mean it's best for it. Think of it like running windows 7 on a computer that was built for windows 98.. It might possibly run, but it wouldn't be good for the hardware.

23. t3084

t3084 Android Enthusiast

it's not that it would damage the hardware from running on it, but excessively over working it may cause it to overheat, which is the killer. Like why they refuse to release flash for arm6.

If you have the drivers, it's more of a matter of the hardware being fast enough to be efficient.

24. t3084

t3084 Android Enthusiast

ooo, Since I just got myself a new laptop with multiple cores(finally), I figured I might as well lend a hand if I can. so I'm wondering, which setup did you guys use to build your DevEnv? There are so many suggestions out there I can't really decide which to use :D

25. Misleadb4

Misleadb4 Android Enthusiast

Does the om have enough space for ics? its 189 mb's or the rom im running on my razr. i dont know if ita phone specific as the size goes but thats way bigger than bobz 75mb gb rom.

Might be looking forward to android 5.0 Jelly Bean, there working on a lite version for phones with limited internal space.

Tags: