1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root AlphaRev X ? Others way to root the Wildfire S ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yapok, Jun 10, 2011.

1. yapok

yapok Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Hi guys !

Apparently, nothing is in the rooting section for the Wildfire S.

I would like to start something and see if a root could be posible :)

Alright, so do you guys think that a root will be possible with the release of AlphaRev X or not ?

Do you know if there's any way to root the Wildfire S with a rooting technique that currently works for the Wildfire ?

I count on our community to get further in the rooting of our new Wildfire S :D

Advertisement

2. yapok

yapok Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Nobody ?

I also thought it may be possible to root the Wildfire S with XTC clip.

Do you guys know if it's possible ? :)

3. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Android Expert

Oct 8, 2010
    Male
    Hypnotherapist
    Puerto Pollo
    As I understan, the clip will give you S-off and a superCID 111111, after you have S-off its then rootable.

4. kaykhanittha

kaykhanittha Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2010

Hello, do you know if i need to install a new ROM (which one ?) to have more languages proposed than English and Chinese ?

And how to ROOT + install rom on wildfire S ?

Thanks.

5. Dealwithit5

Dealwithit5 Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    Perpetually learning
    Texas, USA
    Hi, I'm a new Wildfire S owner. I've been using the iphone 3gs and self-taught my way through jailbreaking (same as rooting) and unlocking from ATT to use T-Mobile. I love the resulting freedom, but Apple simply sucks. Seriously. So, my husband and I decided to check out what Android has to offer. I'm wanting to root it (staying with T-Mobile carrier) but like I said, I'm brand new to Android. I've done a huge amount of researching for solutions/instruction but I want to proceed with caution. Oddly enough, the process (with s-off, unrevoked rooting with custom firmware etc) is nearly identical to that of jailbreaking for ios 4.3.3 with Cydia. However...I'm guessing that the wildfire s is not the same as the wildfire listed as compatible for root on unrevoked.com? The details I have for my phone are T-Mobile HTC Wildfire S running Sense on Android 2.3.3. All I'm finding are instructions for the earlier 2.1 and several mentions to downgrade -which if this is anything like ios...huge huge pain in the ass resulting in an ungodly amount of errors taking days to fix. No thanks. Does anyone have any legit info other than what I've mentioned?