1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Already regret purchase, Triumph won't power on.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Solomon87, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Solomon87

Solomon87 Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    I get that as people who usually are the first out of the gates to purchase something new that there will be hiccups but come on Motorola!!! My goddamn phone never even powered on or would charge when i plugged it in. Now i have to go through the hassle of going back to Best Buy in the morning and you can be damn sure i will pop open that phone and make sure it powers on before i leave the store.

Advertisement

2. Prey521

Prey521 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    I had to do the same thing....phone wouldn't power on after a battery pull or reboot. Would have to pull the battery for a few minutes and then it would come back on. Took it back to BB, swapped it for a new one and tested it in the store and it's been fine ever since.

3. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    I've found that it's ALWAYS a good idea to check electronics right away(if possible) as even my first Nook Color had a problem, the charge cable couldn't be connected(uUSB) making it(NC) kind of useless.

You wouldn't believe how much time I had to waste showing those boneheads 3 different charge cables and 2 NC(mine and their demo) before it dawned on them that I was indeed correct. I'm predicting with their CS B&N will be the next bookseller to die. At least BB doesn't give you much of a hassle esp. if you're just swapping.

I made those **** sit there and wait while I opened the replacement and tried the charge cable before leaving the register...

4. harvickchick

harvickchick Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Female
    Kernersville, NC
    I just let them activate it for me. First of all, why not? And it made me see that the phone worked. Let them deal with the hassle lol

5. gopackersjt

gopackersjt Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    My brand new, not even 24-hour old Triumph is dead... It was working fine all day, then got home from a restaurant and the phone is unresponsive. The battery was at 50% about 2 hours ago, so the battery isn't dead. Nothing happens when I plug it into the charger either. I'm on the phone with VM tech support now... Guess I'm going back to my Optimus until I can get a replacement. Really annoyed, especially after VM screwed up my expedited shipping to.