• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Already rooted-need to remove apps

Both ways are nice. With titanium backup or root explorer :p . But I like the freezing option of the titanium backup manager <<<< you can easily revert. But it wont free up any space on the system partition. (Or root explorer moving the app to the SD for example and then putting it back if you need it)

If you remove something important there might not be a way back. So nandroid backup always :)

Depends on where are you headed with removing apps. (if its just ram so you dont want them to start, OR the space on the system partition too)

Upvote 0
Does using root explorer let you delete /system/ apps too? I think I tried it in the past with Astro, couldn't get it to work, and ended up having to adb rm them.

Thats the beauty of root explorer :) . I will ask for root rights and mount the system in R/W :) . Astro cant work in that area :D .

Its how I unistalled - erased and pushed apps back :p . No need to use the adb push if you have root explorer !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones