• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alternate keyboard on Viewsonic G

bblackmoor

Oct 17, 2010
I bought a Viewsonic G today. So far, I like it much better than the ZT-180 and Archos 101.

I have rooted it, installed Google Market, etc., and that's all great. However, I can't seem to get Swiftkey to work on it. I have installed it, and I have tried to enable it, but it never enables.

Any idea why not?

(As an aside, does anyone know how to get rid of the "Tap n Tap" user interface? I installed Launcher Pro, but it still has the goofy Tap N Tap UI stuff.)

hahaha, had the same problem today..

firstly, allow swiftkey.. then anywhere where there is a textbox when the keyboard would pop up, press and hold > input method will pop up .. I'm pretty sure it's like that on TNT lite, i switched to the vegan rom last night and i love it..

the top menu is still a bit goofy, as well as the settings.. (on tnt-lite that is)

i'm guessing you haven't switched roms ?? check out vegan

Upvote 0
I bought a Viewsonic G today. So far, I like it much better than the ZT-180 and Archos 101.

I have rooted it, installed Google Market, etc., and that's all great. However, I can't seem to get Swiftkey to work on it. I have installed it, and I have tried to enable it, but it never enables.

Any idea why not?

(As an aside, does anyone know how to get rid of the "Tap n Tap" user interface? I installed Launcher Pro, but it still has the goofy Tap N Tap UI stuff.)

Take your pick of Custom Roms over on XDA-DEV... I've had great luck with TnTLite...

G Tablet Android Development - xda-developers

Next on my list to try was latest Vega (VEGAn) Rom as had great reviews...

Upvote 0
just wanted to let everyone know that VEGAn has the built in 2.3 gingerbread keyboard as well as the option to change to other keyboards. it has just been updated to beta4 and is available here:

VEGAn-Tab Build, based off Advent Vega firmware BETA 4 - xda-developers

EDIT: looks like beta4 is missing the built in keyboard, although it still gives you to the option to download/change to others. beta3 still includes it here. or you can download the gingerbread keyboard .apk here and install it yourself on beta4.

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones