• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Alternate method for getting into CW?

sbursik

Feb 4, 2010
Here is the scenario,

I'm at 602 and I want to deodex and apply the battery hack. When I was at 596 and did this, I went into a boot loop and couldn't get back into recovery to restore from my backup I made right before the deodex since I couldn't get back into the OS to run the bootstrapper. Is there another way to get into recovery besides running the bootstrapper? I had to SBF and start over and I don't want to do that this time. Suggestions?

I'm using the D2 bootstrapper. What Im asking is how you can do a restore if you get into a bootloop and cant get into the OS to run the bootstrapper?

to get out of bootloop, you need to boot into stock recovery, and wipe data and cache. its possible you forgot to data wipe, as if you dont, it will bootloop.

power off the device
home+power to turn it back on
once its on let go of power and continue holding home, once you see the exclamation mark, hit your vol up+vol down buttons if your on gb, on froyo the search button, scroll to wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache and reboot, you should be fine.

Reactions: sbursik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones