• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alternative address book

Jevid

Nov 11, 2009
I use my address book a lot to look up mailing addresses. The address book in the People app doesn't always display somebody's complete address, especially if it's a bit longer. This has been bugging me, so I started looking for a replacement address book to use for this purpose. What I ended up with is Phonebook from Voxmobili. There are some comments in the feedback indicating it doesn't work, but it works just fine on my Eris. It actually has a very "touch friendly" interface for using one handed and includes a dialer. It's not as sophisticated as the People app, but once you select a contact, you can press the "details" button & bring up their information, which shows all of their mailing address in one place. I don't think I'll use it on a regular basis, but when I need to view a mailing address, this is where I'll go.

I was looking at the Phonebook app from Asurion but it doesn't support 1.5. Looks like it would be interesting otherwise.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones