1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Alternative Home Apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robinta, Oct 13, 2010.

1. robinta

robinta Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Hi,

I`ve recently downloaded Launcher Pro Plus for my Desire & like the function & layout. When installing the Launcher screens I read advice to save the Sense screens as a blank slate (which I did).

The thing I am querying is, If I revert (even temporarily) to the Sense launcher, the Launcher Pro screens & widgets will still be held somewhere. Will this cause any issues with the phone, memory usage etc. or will Android manage the launcher as with any other background task ?

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    I'd suggest taking widgets off the launcherpro homescreen that update / sync as this is what can use power up.

3. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    The reason why you should clear all the widgets off the Sense homescreen before starting LauncherPro is because some of the widgets on Sense can still be active. I would think the same applies when switching from LP back to Sense.

If you want to use Sense again for a while, you can backup your LauncherPro homescreens and settings (Menu > Preferences > Backup), then clear the widgets before starting Sense. When you want to use LP again, start LP and do Menu > Preferences > Restore backup.

I've done this a couple of times, and the only thing I need to reset manually is the wallpaper.

Tags: