1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Alternative methods for Recovery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Trism, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Trism

Trism Lurker

My Xperia Play has had a few problems out of the box, mainly that when I switch it on there is no boot animation, just a black screen. This means I can't access Recovery through the normal method of holding down on the volume or the back button etc. I've installed CWM through the CWM Xperia installer so I know it's there. I also ran the Auto-Magic Nandroid through that app, which caused my screen to go black (as it does whenever I choose to reboot through an app). When I looked on my SD card though there is now a Nandroid folder, so it's probable that the device does go into Recovery; I just can't see it. So my question is this; is there any other way of getting my phone into Recovery so I can install some sweet, delicious custom ROMs? Maybe through ADB or similar? Or is it possible to install a ROM via another method?

Any help at all would be appreciated!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kinjutsu

Kinjutsu Newbie

flash doomkernel v11 or v13 (search it on xda) this is a pre-rooted custom kernel with built-in CWM in it. Flashing kernels is done via Flashtool program using a pc.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews