• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Alternative methods to root or flash a custom recovery

lorry mane

Lurker
Jul 1, 2017
Hi all, I have a problem with my device and I can not use the data port USB to perform the conventional method of root (flashing with Odin), so I wanted to get It using those "one click root" but most of these applications throw me errors (may be because I am in the latest version kitkat 4.4.4) before this problem I wanted to downgrade installing an official and signed version of android 4.3, through the stock recovery (with the option to apply update in the SD card) And I wanted to know if this recovery option works also to install another version of android without necessarily being an update. I would also like to receive recommendations on others Methods to root or install a custom recovery that apply to my specific case, thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones